1st buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myplanb31

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm looking for a buggy that is durable and fast. I'm looking to spend between $400 and $550 roughly. can you guys help me out?

$400 - $550 gives you a pretty big range of buggy selections ;-) What are you lookin to do with it? Bash? Race? Do you want a Kit or RTR? New or Used?

I read GREAT things about the Kyosho Inferno 7.5 Sport 4 in this months RCA. Supposed to be under $400. It's the new version of this one: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...8/n/Kyosho-Inferno-US-Sport-2-Ready-Set-Buggy

The Losi 8ight is hard to beat these days as well for the price.

buggy

I'm looking to race it. i would like an RTR. and definatly new

buggy

How is the Losi 8ight 1.0? It is $544.99 on some website

It's good, but it comes as a roller I believe.... Pretty sure the 1.0 RTR wasn't all that great. I have heard good things about the 2.0 RTR though. I have yet to drive either....but for the extra $100 for the 2.0...the DX3S and Bump Box are worth it IMHO.

buggy

ok, I'm gonna go see if they have it at my LHS this week and see what it will cost

buggy

any other sugestions out there?

For $265 you can get a new Caster Fusion EX-1 roller. It is a very durable fast ELECTRIC buggy. Drop the Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max 2650 KV system in it with two 2S lipo packs (5000mah or greater and at least 20C discharge) and you are ready to rip.

http://casterracingusa.com/home.php?cat=1

Last edited:
I got a losi 8 rtr with the starter box and the specktrum.Ran .5 gallon through it so far and it rips.I also ordered my son a ofna hyper 7 black which should be here today.Curios to see the difference in the $700 buggy and the $ 280 buggy....

buggy

yea, can you let me know the difference between the performance of the hyper 7 and the 8ight.

Hyper 7 Black is actually a very good RTR Buggy as well from what I have heard.

Got the hyper 7 in, nice looking buggy for the price, fit and finish arent as good as I would like but again the price point I can live with it.I will have to build a true battery box for it,the way it comes the batteries just kinda set out in the open with a hold down cap.I did one tank for break in so I'm uncertain at this point on performance,couple more tanks easy and I will start leaning it out.
I will check back in in a couple days when it quits raining and can really run it.

JC

buggy

rc8b or losi 8ight?

Last edited:
buggy

i went with the rc8 race spec. i got ir for $455 so i couldnt beat the price

Good choice, they are reliable, fast and handle nicely. That's a good price as well. The FM radio is pretty good too. Buy a set of spare steering tie rod ends, in bad crashes they break. Other than that they are tough. Take your time setting up the radio. The servos are decent, better than most RTRs for sure.

Back