1.55 tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay guys going to get my lift soon for my tf2. My question is I like the honcho size 1.9 stockers under it. But I want to keep my 1.55 white spokes though. I have been checking out the iroks and the rock stompers. But how in size height wise to these compare to the stock honchos. I don't mind a little taller.

Iroc's typically run very tall for all sizes. In the 1.55 they are 4.4" The second tallest tire behind the BajaClaw's. While the tread is a little more "blah" the Stompers come in at 4.13" and would not only fit better on a TF2 but look more like a "stock" tire. Are you looking to keep this more of a class 1 rig or class 2? Either tire wouldn't really matter but the Stompers would give a better stock type appearance. Which Honcho tires are you running? They came with flatirons and the ripsaws.

Last edited:
here is mine with the iroks and the lift. i tried the stompers on mine, they didnt perform as well as the iroks.
100_3951_zpsa1534b87.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. Freek that stance and clearance is what I am looking for. I have looked close at the Baja claws and the Iroks still not decided. I just need more clearance and want that Bad ass stance like your TF2 has. Our trails are pretty extreme sometimes. Lot's of hill climbs. Out of the Iroks or Baja claws what goes better? And phins my son's honcho has ripsaws, I they go way better than the flat irons I had on my new stock rubi package scx10 I had awhile back. I plan on getting a body lift for my TF2, also getting the superlift lift blocks going to try them both separate and see what I like best. Plan on getting the six shooter setup also and the super flex leaf spring pack as soon as my stuff sells on the bay.

Ok guys is there any tricks to installing these Irok tires onto my stock 1.55 rims? I can't get them to fit with the center lock ring installed.

Never mind got it figured. Holy crap that took forever. I had to make myself a tool to remove and tighten the locking lug nuts on the rims. I cut down a traxxas four way worked awesome!

I had to actually fab a jig to put the Wagon Wheels on my Big Blaze together and hold the beads so I could put the buts and bolts together.

I know one thing I hope I don't have to take mine apart anytime soon. Thanks, Alex for posting that info if I do need to take them apart anytime soon, that info will def help.