1/16 E-Revo VXL Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I just picked one up and got it running today. I know that Robmob has one as well. Here are a few observations out of the box.

Its COOL as hell! :D

As I started to put it together I noticed a few things:

A fill size RX will not fit inside the radio box. I tried to put a Spectrum 3000 in it and it wont fit. I did have a spare Pro in my radio pit box so it wen in and fit just fine.

I went down to my LHS and picked up a Lipo for the RC18T made by common Sense RC. Welp, its not a direct fit and I had to do a little modifying to get it to fit. The good part is that its a 2100 ma 2 cell so it should last a long time between charges. I needed to cut the shrink wrap off the ends of the battery so it would shoehorn in. The width of the battery is at its limit. To get the battery door to close properly I needed to Dremmel out a little plastic where the wires come out the side. No big deal. I also needed to remove one of the fins on the air intake and pass the ballancing plug through it. It now all fits just like a glove.

I bound the RX, put it all back together and went out to have a little fun. It sure scoots. It will pretty much wheely on command and sometimes without command. Power is not an issue with 1- 2cell lipo. I'm sure its insane with 2 batteries. No need for me to even think about another one, I dont need a rocket.

Shocks and setup are all way out of whack. Ill have to do some work on them when I get some time. Anyone have any setup tips?

Here are a few photos and a video of the shoehorn battery taken from my iPhone 3GS

569243117_Dd3iw-M.jpg

569243603_xmAnc-M.jpg

569242425_4owki-M.jpg

569244448_RkKBS-M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got in from the maiden run of mine.

A 2S lipo is definitely more than enough for this rig.

It needs some Tekno sway bars. Too bad they don't make them this size. Yet.

I'm sure we will be seeing an onslaught of parts in the near future.

Totally impresses with the way this little beast scoots on one battery.
All my shocks need to be filled. Its all "Bouncy" :D

well that was lame, no action vid? lol jk. they look pretty fun.

In that last photo, it looks like the stock 2.5 revo with a big block on it, squatting in the rear really bad. Is it setup real soft out of the box?

Cool rig for sure fellas. I'm sure they are a blast...

Hold up... Did FastEddy just start a thread? WHAT!? :)

Those little things are so cool! I think my Slash is hinting at me getting him a little brother...

In that last photo, it looks like the stock 2.5 revo with a big block on it, squatting in the rear really bad. Is it setup real soft out of the box?

Soft is to say the least for mine, all 4 shocks are flat. It goes bouncy bouncy.....

I'm sure once I fill them up and do a little setup work on it that it will be fine. I just didn't have enough time to play today.

And YES I STARTED A THREAD!! :p:

My buddy just picked one up. He grabbed a couple Duratrax 1600's for it and a series connector. He says that he had to stop running it every few minutes from giggling so much. It's that fast and fun. Lipo's scare him. Now I need to get my boot outta my rear for buying a damn Raminator.

:whhooo:Awesome looking rig Eddy!
And congrats on starting a thread...J/K...but seriously.;)

I just had to do it.
I put a set of Touting Car Foams on my Mini Revo.
I lowered the ride height and adjusted the camber and it ROCKS!! I waas taking turns at full speed and it wouldnt flip. Needless to say with the small tires, I need to re-gear it.

LOL @ Me
It was difficult holding my iPhone in my mouth and driving at the same time.

569943765_BXHMB-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like ill need to make a Hat Strap for my phone.
Did all that heavy breathing make you feel all funny in a weird way? :D

I just picked one up and got it running today. I know that Robmob has one as well. Here are a few observations out of the box.

Its COOL as hell! :D

As I started to put it together I noticed a few things:

A fill size RX will not fit inside the radio box. I tried to put a Spectrum 3000 in it and it wont fit. I did have a spare Pro in my radio pit box so it wen in and fit just fine.

I went down to my LHS and picked up a Lipo for the RC18T made by common Sense RC. Welp, its not a direct fit and I had to do a little modifying to get it to fit. The good part is that its a 2100 ma 2 cell so it should last a long time between charges. I needed to cut the shrink wrap off the ends of the battery so it would shoehorn in. The width of the battery is at its limit. To get the battery door to close properly I needed to Dremmel out a little plastic where the wires come out the side. No big deal. I also needed to remove one of the fins on the air intake and pass the ballancing plug through it. It now all fits just like a glove.

I bound the RX, put it all back together and went out to have a little fun. It sure scoots. It will pretty much wheely on command and sometimes without command. Power is not an issue with 1- 2cell lipo. I'm sure its insane with 2 batteries. No need for me to even think about another one, I dont need a rocket.

Shocks and setup are all way out of whack. Ill have to do some work on them when I get some time. Anyone have any setup tips?

Here are a few photos and a video of the shoehorn battery taken from my iPhone 3GS

View attachment 50148

View attachment 50149

View attachment 50150

View attachment 50151
I p
Hey there! I got an HRB 2200 mAh 2s lipo from Amazon. Fits perfectly!

Back