HPI rock crawling tire Rock Grabber

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
HPI has designed a new of set of R/C rock crawling tire called the HPI Rock Grabber. The Rock Grabber are a high grip tire designed just for professional rock crawling. The block tread pattern of the HPI Rock Grabber wraps all the way around the sidewall of the tire for extra grip in challenging conditions.

The HPI Rock Grabber tires are made from sticky S compound rubber and made to...

Click to continue

Those things look sick as hell.

hell yeah, i want some of those. a little pricey though, 35 a pair.

I think they'll probably handle similar to the masher 2k's. I'm glad that HPI is developing crawler tires, and I hope they come out with a lot more. I'm not crazy about that tread pattern, ok I don't like it at all, but maybe it will perform a lot better than I think it's going to, which is what really matters.

I'm really anxious to try the new Losi Carvers. I think I will be running Losi Rock Claws or Losi Carvers for a while to come, with some Panthar Cougars thrown in *IF* the course is just right for them.

That's retail Lloyd, the retail price on a Savage is somewhere around $850 I believe, the actual street price is always signifigantly less.

i actually dont like the looks of the carvers, i know u can "modify" i guess is what u would say the tread to you liking on the carvers but i think they are ugly. the claws are not bad looking but even though they dont perform as well i prefer the m2 hammer look.

I like the Hammers as well. I'm not crazy about the way the Rock Carvers look, but I think that Losi has designed a tire that is going to perform better than anything else that is on the market. I don't like the tire above at all, it looks like a tractor tire to me.

I don't care how any tire looks as long as they perform well.

Amen to that brother! I can't wait to get my hands on the Losi tires. If I would have designed the ultimate, most perfect crawler tire to perform the best in all condititions on almost all surfaces, and had the money to bring it into production, I would have built a tire almost EXACTLY to the specs that Losi designed their new tire.

Yeah I wasn't considering the scalers, but for me personally, my comp rigs have to perform regardless of looks, and my scalers have look scale correct, regardless of performance. Of course you can do a hybrid and compromise either way with a scaler, but for me, my scalers sit on the shelf and my crawlers compete lol. I will build a trail rig pretty soon that will get run, but they never perform like a comp rig unless you ditch the scale part of it.

I went with Flat Iron's on my Toyota High Lift strictly on looks.

The stockers look OK, but they are too damn small and makes the rig look out of scale.

performance is obviously the main thing but theres no way I'm gonna say looks dont matter, i really want a rig to perform as well as it can but also be very eye catching. they need some white wall tires, lol.

performance is obviously the main thing but theres no way I'm gonna say looks dont matter, i really want a rig to perform as well as it can but also be very eye catching. they need some white wall tires, lol.

LOL White Walls. I wanna see those! :)

Those HPI's look sick. I would like to give them try and see how they perform. I wonder how well they would do on the slick rocks and I don't think you would get as much side bite. Who cares when you are going like hell right. :D

Last edited:
I will build a trail rig pretty soon that will get run, but they never perform like a comp rig unless you ditch the scale part of it.

No doubt about that.

My tuber WILL get run, but I want it to look as close to scale as possible, the performance of it is secondary. Like Billy Crystal use to say, "It is better to look good than to feel good" :D

I don't care how any tire looks as long as they perform well.
I agree 110 %, it can look like a cow paddie as long as it hooks and side hills I am all over it.

Well they look impressive. I'm with Charlie though, I dunno how they'll perform up against the Losi and Panther alternatives.

Hot Bodies has also developed a new crawler tire, and I think that on the terrain that I crawl on, the tires will perform better. Wont know for sure until I can buy both sets and do some testing though.

HBtire.jpg

those look pretty sick aswell, is there any reveiws on them yet???

Both set performed pretty good at the big pro line competition where they were debuted, if I run across some specific reviews I'll shoot you a PM.

So how come HPI released one and Hot Bodies released the other? I thought they were both part of the same company!

The Hot Bodies tyres look much more like the kinda thing.

Back