HPI 1970 Plymouth AAR CUDA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Included with the HPI 1970 Plymouth AAR CUDA body is a large pre-cut decal sheet that includes window lines, headlights, grilles, tail lights, official Plymouth AAR ‘Cuda logos and much more, providing your touring car with a realistically finished product. An overspray film is included, as well as vinyl window masks to make painting quick and simple...

HPI 1970 Plymouth AAR CUDA

That is sweet. The aerodynamics will probably be worse than the standard sedans (Stratus, etc), but I may run this thing on my R40. I always wondered why HPI has classic muscle for the Savage but nearly none for the Touring cars.

That is awesome! It's about time they start doing some muscle cars. I am so tired of all the import lids. I will definately have to get one of these for my RS4 3

For us bashers ( and old folk ) I think thay would make a killing on offering musclecar bodies. I would love a Corvete Stingray or a Mustang Mach3.

I would love a Corvete Stingray

Man, I have wanted a Stingray ever since I got my RS4. The C6 is nice, but how cool would a 69 Stingray be! Heck, I would settle for any 68-82 style vette.

I love old american muscle, and would love to see hpi do more of them.

I am so tired of all the import lids.

I'm with you on that but I'm guessing that we are in the minority. Today's youth really embraces the whole import scene, I don't.

I'd like to do one of these in Panther Pink, Sublime, GoMango, or Plum Crazy. :)

I too would love to see more american mucsle car lids. My dream car is still a 69 charger......., but I'm holding out for a new Corvette! LOL Someone posted a thread of the a new Charger lid..... I really like Candyman's General scheme!

Where would you get the wheels and tires to complete that look?

Tom

Last edited:
Godale, Candymans lid is for a monster truck and will not fit a touring car. But for old school looks on touring cars have you seen the HPI Vintage 5 spoke rims?

3820_04m.gif

3821_04m.gif

3817_04m.gif

They come in three different finishes, satin, chrome, and black, I like the satin ones the best. They also come in a variety of sizes

26mm 0 offset
26mm 6mm offset
31mm 0 offset
31mm 6mm offset

Thanks NC... Those wheels would really seal the deal on an authenic look. I like the satin finish best myself. I thought that charger lid was for a Touring car... of course it probably said what it was for in the thread.... I just got excited and missed it. Thanks again.

Tom

Thanks NC... Those wheels would really seal the deal on an authenic look. I like the satin finish best myself.

No problem bud.

Looks from the pics of the aar body that they used a set of these, leaving the outer trim ring chrome and painting the spokes black. And you can tell it has the 31mm rears too. But they are definately whats needed to tie the whole muscle car look together.

Someone posted a thread of the a new Charger lid.....

That would be me, the '69 Charger is Savage body. I've done some late model American sports cars touring bodies. Here are a few:

• GTS - Excuse the bleeding on this one, it was my first taped body

Back