HPI to release Electric Savage...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yep, you read right. HPI to release a 9 pound electric Savage. I'm still trying togather information from my LHS. Once i get some, I'll post it here....

Here are some details the LHS shared with me.

New HPI E-Savage

HPI507 E-Savage
with Baja body

ETA and Pricing TBA

Electric power added to the Savage Family!

HPI RACING is pleased to announce the introduction of electric power to our Savage series with the 1/8 scale dual motor powered E-Savage. The E-Savage is the perfect introduction to R/C monster truck bashing. The E-Savage is a feathery nine pounds with twin battery packs providing 14.4 volts of power to dual motors allowing wheelies on command! The E-Savage comes with a dual battery charging system for simultaneous battery charging and is versatile for other battery charging applications.

The E-Savage is built with the same durability as its nitro Savage brother with two shocks at each corner and long suspension arms providing the bump-soaking action. Full-time AWD action powered by sliding drive shafts enables this machine to power over and through any obstacle! Low-mounted dual batteries provide a low center of gravity keeping the E-Savage stuck to the ground! The chassis layout ensures that it is simple to maintain, making upkeep easy, painless and FUN!

INCLUDES:

Dual 14.4V high power electric motors
Low-mounted dual batteries
8 long travel shocks
Savage style TVP chassis
HPI GT Speed Controller (14.4V)
Safety protected reverse
GT escape charger (WITH DC12V ADAPTER)
Dual Batteries (HPI GT 7.2V
3300mAh/2pcs)

Specifications:
Length: 455mm (17.91in)
Width: 363mm (14.29in) 0
Wheelbase: 293mm (11.54in)
Tire Size: 138x70mm (5.4x2.8in)
Weight: 9lbs.

Caretaker said:
This is the Hotbodies Ezilla right???

if not check http://www.hbeurope.com/kit.php?lang=en&partNo=hb52502

That is the HB Ezilla. Which is actually 1/10 scale... suposedly. There was a review done for that a few months back in ExtremeRC. They liked it, but the battery packs that came with it got hot and melted... It came with cheap NiCAD packs. But what do you expect for RTR? I'm surprised it came with any packs.

lame. I think all MT's should be nitro.. I guess its good for kids though.

OMG! so cool. lol, i love my savage but nitro can be a PITA sometimes. I want pics.

its about time! I figuered they wernt comming out with it since HB was pretty close in design. I've been thinking of makein an all around electric for the neighbor kids to drive, instead of letting them break a nitro!, and the e-maxx just didnt fit the bill. Ill have to check this out when its released.

Rusty Savage said:
its about time! I figuered they wernt comming out with it since HB was pretty close in design. I've been thinking of makein an all around electric for the neighbor kids to drive, instead of letting them break a nitro!, and the e-maxx just didnt fit the bill. Ill have to check this out when its released.

what was wrong with the emaxx? I was considering one of those aswell.

all my electrics are brushless. and the kinda power ill throw into one of these I'm worried about having the same issues you do with a tmaxx. also you have all the same limitations in bash-a-bility.

olds97_lss said:
That is the HB Ezilla. Which is actually 1/10 scale... suposedly. There was a review done for that a few months back in ExtremeRC. They liked it, but the battery packs that came with it got hot and melted... It came with cheap NiCAD packs. But what do you expect for RTR? I'm surprised it came with any packs.

If you check the dimensions on the ESavage you see they are the same as the Ezilla. so thats why i replied this!

so, is this gonna use the same bulkheads and shock towers and all, just different tvps and servo box?

sweetdiesel said:
Looks just like the E-Zilla. I thought Hot Bodies was a subsidiary of HPI? :ponder2:

WOW, EXACTLY what i was thinking. Everytime i read E-Savage, my mind would read E-Zilla. lol.

Either way, I'd be up for one - just means less work for a brushless savage.

Exactly the same dimensions. Even the same type body....
Makes ya wonder, doesn't it. They do have corporate ties to each other somehow. Maybe the E-zilla wasn't selling much under the Hot Bodies name?

I think it's cool though. Looked at the E-zilla when it first came out. Want to do an electric on of these days.

edit:you guys type faster than I do. :)

Last edited:
I like the paintjob on HPI's version much better than the Hot Bodies. The E-zilla body is too plain.

I looked for the body when the E-Zilla came out.
Can we get one for my nitro Savage?

If the Ezilla is 1/10 scale, does that mean the drivetrain is 1/10 scale, aka weaker?

Back