Hudy nitro engine break-in station

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so I'm crusing along the net scavenging for news to post on the front page when I came across Hudy's website. Hudy has just released a nitro engine break-in station and I about fell over. Not because the unit is a swell idea, but because I was just thinking about my Picco 28 I had coming on the way from RushRC.com and was thinking about breaking it in and thought it'd be an awesome to have a break-in station in a controlled enviroment to better break-in the engine. Granted my idea was a bit different, but none the less this freaked me to be thinking about just 40mins before and now I'm looking at a page where Hudy has released news about the new station yesterday... kinda scary.

Ok enough of that... lets get to the good stuff. The Hudy engine break-in bench is the ultimate tool for easy, safe, and professional break-in of your .12/.15/.21 nitro engine. The Hudy engine break-in bench allows for a controlled break-in process that reduces wear & tear on engine components and increases performance, reliability, and longevity of your nitro engine. The Hudy engine break-in bench is constructed of...[ READ MORE ]

i like that thing........does it come with that flywheel cause breakin in a engine its sposta have a little load on it i think......wander if it would hole plane engines for breakin ?

nevermind........found the huddy website & read up on it.........think I'm gona get one........maybe next month..........

i like the idea, I'm suprised it hasnt been done already. BUT from looking at the pics, how do you fit the air filter on there without it hitting the fan blades? also, wonder if it comes with different pipes and headers for small blocks and big blocks. it also looks as if the fan is a bit small, not much air going over the head.... anyone else see these things?

if you use a lot of mills, then this is the toy to get.....
Beason this has been done before...serpent used to be who made the prop for people to make their own stand with......
all my mills get broken in on a stand since I did the first one......it rocks and I seem to get more power and life out of my mills than alot of my buddies do.....
the filter can be turned around remember.....you use a pipe sized to the mill and keep a MGT header to run BB mills......most SB mills already use a rear to side header anyway........I need my own stand soon, anyone know what these are going for??

I just picked up the RDLogics stand..I will see how it goes..I need to get my C5 broke in for the wcb.in september..

ZANDOR said:
I just picked up the RDLogics stand..I will see how it goes..I need to get my C5 broke in for the wcb.in september..

What size prop did it come with?

FastEddy said:
What size prop did it come with?

Prop is 4-3/4" tip to tip.

The biggest difference between the RD Logics and Hudy is the clamping system.

The RD Logics uses 'C' clamps to secure it. The Hudy has a fancy integrated clamp.

I got my stand today..I will run the C5 on it this weekend.
I must say It is of great quality.IMO

Back