Veterans Day - Has someone who has served made a difference in your life? Tell us about them

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today is November 11 - Veterans Day.

Most all of us here has someone in our lives who at one time or another served our country and have made an impact on our lives. Take a minute to tell the community about these special individuals.

My father was a Marine, served in the Philippines in the early 70s. To this day, he still does alot for me.

Everyone, that has served in the military has had an impact on my life. I appreciate everything every one of them has done, and are doing for our country. Thank you all!

Huge thanks to all that have served for our country. We have you all to thank.

Everyone, that has served in the military has had an impact on my life. I appreciate everything every one of them has done, and are doing for our country. Thank you all!

+1 to that.

american-flag.jpg

My father-in-law was a Staff Sargent Major in the Army when he retired in 1990. He did two tours in Nam. Spent a lot of his time in Europe, my wife was born on a base in Germany. He got out after 28 years and right before Operation Desert Storm in Iraq. He has done a lot for my wife and I and our children and we are greatful for all that he as done both for us and this great country of our's.

The veteran that made a difference to me was my ROTC instructor in high school. He would tell us stories about his time in the service. Later after I was in the army, his stories really made sense and helped keep me out of harm's way in the Persian Gulf.

I can never repay 1SG Williams for what he did for me.

I actually had 2 ladies who live on my floor bring me thank you cards. I was in a long time ago, and finally it seems that people are thankful for all our military men.
Thank them ALL. This is STILL a free country, and that's not easy to maintain.
Thanks to friggenjoey in Afghanistan, and all the other active, retired and former military men on this forum.

It's OUR day and I salute you all.

My mom served in operation desert storm back in 90-91 and she was also in operation iraqi freedom, she is undoubtedly my hero and to all who are serving this great country of ours, i salute you. Thank you

"If you can read, Thank a teacher, If your speaking english, Thank a Vet"

I wish our veterans could get the same respect, you may not agree with the war but that's no reason to not show appreciation for what these men and women do.

Back