Proline SCX10 Floor Pan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
proline-floor-pan.jpg

What better way to improve the scale looks of our Axial SCX10 then adding a floor pan, fenderwells, rocker panels, gastank and even a radiator? Then the new Proline PL-C Floor Pan is exactly what you need!...

Click to continue

I dont like to see stuff like this come out because it takes any creativity and work out of a scaler. Just my opinion.

I dont like to see stuff like this come out because it takes any creativity and work out of a scaler. Just my opinion.

There are a lot of people that like running scalers but don't want to be creative or put work into a scaler, I am one of them. Products like this are geared towards poeple like me...I want my truck to look good but I don't want to make anything for it, hell having to install this part is almost more trouble that it's worth.

Last edited:
I'm with SMaxxin on this one, we are not all as talented as you are Lloyd, LOL!!!!

I'm with SMaxxin on this one, we are not all as talented as you are Lloyd, LOL!!!!

Talented has nothing to do with it, I'm not talented, Joe and Ralph are talented when it comes to scalers, I just try to be creative. This is what scalers are about to me, having a scale rig that isnt like everyone elses. Same goes for crawlers too, I know your the same way, as are 80% of people running crawlers today, they have spent time on making their crawlers personalized and unique. I'm sure thats why alot of guys who have loved and spent tons of time and money on building scalers are now losing interest in them, because they have become so universal. I guarantee thats a big reason for Chip selling off his rc stuff and moving on. Joe hasnt finished his tuber, wich of course he has a good excuse beings how he had his accident, but I'm sure the ambition to finish is fading since you can buy tubers, even plastic one (wtf?) now from most any rc shop. Thats why I havnt started a scaler recently either.

Again, thats just my opinion. I know it was the same for old school guys when axial dropped the ax10 and that became the new revolution in crawling, wich now of course is super out dated but its still the same situation.

Last edited:
I feel ya Lloyd I am just not that creative when it comes to custom fabrication on something like a scaler, My crawler is a different story, that was easier for me to kinda make the way I wanted it, and that has been a long process with numerous changes, LOL!!!!

My tuber will be 100% unique, I would never buy a mass produced tuber however like the Timberwolf or whatever it's called. The ONLY reason I have not finished mine, and got very little work done to it in the past year and a half is due to my accident. It left me completely laid up over a year, and I will be paying it off for the next 100 years, so there has been no money for toys, and there still isn't. If I had the cash trust me, it would be done by now. I have started working on it again just recently, hence my post looking for shock bushings. I also have not been able to get to my buddies welding shop to build the front and rear bumpers either, so it will still be a while before I will finish it, but I will finish it.

As far as the floorpan, I think it is a very cool idea, would I get one? most likely no, but it does offer up a very nice option for the guys that can't, or do not want to build their own.

My tuber will be 100% unique, I would never buy a mass produced tuber however like the Timberwolf or whatever it's called. The ONLY reason I have not finished mine, and got very little work done to it in the past year and a half is due to my accident. It left me completely laid up over a year, and I will be paying it off for the next 100 years, so there has been no money for toys, and there still isn't. If I had the cash trust me, it would be done by now. I have started working on it again just recently, hence my post looking for shock bushings. I also have not been able to get to my buddies welding shop to build the front and rear bumpers either, so it will still be a while before I will finish it, but I will finish it.

As far as the floorpan, I think it is a very cool idea, would I get one? most likely no, but it does offer up a very nice option for the guys that can't, or do not want to build their own.

Well hopefully you didnt take offense to what I said and can see what I mean. Your tuber is the poop for sure.

No offense taken Llloyd, just clearing up I had not lost interest due to mass marketed available tubers now. Mine is a one of a kind, and I am still very much in to it no matter how long it will take me to finally be able to call it done.

Likewise here. My Humm-Vee is on another break right now, but sooner or later all these projects get finished.
The funny thing I just realized is that my projects go to both extremes. Either shiny and waxed or totally grubbed.
The pan in the pic is WAY to shiny for its purpose. :D

The pan in the pic is WAY to shiny for its purpose. :D

WHAT!!!! SOMETHING TO SHINY FOR RALPH, LOL!!!!
I am sure that is nothing that a couple of scale runs would fix, or in Ralphs case some incredible paint work, LOL!!!:D

Here is my .02

A rc company is just like any other in that it must design products that are going to interest the majority of its customer base. There are far more 15-20 yr olds getting into this hobby than there are old men. Most of these guys do not have the hardware and budget needed to make custom parts so regardless of their creativity level, they are just not able to make what they want. Then you have the others that don't have the time but they still want to make a great looking truck.

I think it looks great and hope they continue to come out with new parts.

Back