Proline Titan Weighted Wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
RC Rock Crawling fans will love the new wheel just released by Proline Racing, the Titan beadloc weighted wheels! New the Proline Titan wheel comes in an easy 3 piece design as well...

Click to continue

I like the looks of them and the fact the built in weights are included is just plain awesome - I'm getting a set.

So, is it like one set of 2.2, and one set of 1.9?

I wan to see an angled view of them. I can't tell how deep the offset is in this picture.

pretty cool, glad to see proline come out with these. theres alot of componies that have really heavy rings to add wieght but this is cheaper beings its they entire setup.

i like the look of them, but i would like to see how the weights are added. can you just run one weight for 4 oz or do you have to run both? i know these rigs move slow, but you still need the wheels to be close to balanced. 4oz hanging off one side may cause a problem..

i like the look of them, but i would like to see how the weights are added. can you just run one weight for 4 oz or do you have to run both? i know these rigs move slow, but you still need the wheels to be close to balanced. 4oz hanging off one side may cause a problem..

the exact reason why i wouldnt buy a pair, you get them off balance like that and your wheel hop will be outstanding and uncontrollable. just buy a set of 8 shooters and add your own wieghts evenly. Curtis was thinking the same thing too. cool idea but not well designed imo.

Cool Idea and a nice looking wheel, but like stated there will be a balancing issue with way these are designed, the only option to keep them balanced would be to cut the 4oz.weights into either 1oz or 2oz. sections and place them evenly on the wheel, and even then you might have issues with o-ring design keeping less weight on the rim, I also think the would be a real PITA to build since you are going to have to try to keep 2 beads seated as you tighten down the 12 bead lock screws, It is hard enough to keep one bead seated properly, JMO!!!
671_3_.jpg

I think I will stick with my 8 shooters and my lead stick on weights.

Last edited:
I totally see where you guys are coming from. Now if they made weight sets that consisted of using both halves but made them in different weight amounts they would have something. The way they are set up now, if you wanted to run half the weight in the rear wheels you are running in the front, your only option is to run one of the weight halves, but that is going to do more harm than good as far as handling is concerned. I'll stick to my stick on weights too. Too bad though, cause these are definitely sweet looking wheels.

...Now if they made weight sets that consisted of using both halves but made them in different weight amounts they would have something...

I see all of your points and honestly I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see something exactly like this in the future... different weight amount halves.

no I'm sure they will once they get a bunch of bad feeback on these. on a slick steep incline the last thing you want is wheel bounce wich his pretty hard to not get.

No thanks. I'll stick with a wheel that I can ad my own weights to.