RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Axial has released news about their newest r/c rock crawler kit, the Axial XR10. This smooth and sleek looking r/c rock crawler is Axial’s “no compromise” competition rock crawler kit that features all new front and rear motor on axles (MOA). The Axial XR10 also features all new behind the axle steering and over sized (12.5mm) universals with 4mm and 2.5mm cross pins.
Utilizing a 37.9:1 gear ratio, using the included 14T pinion, the Axial XR10 gearbox allows the use of 12-19T pinions for gear ratios ranging from 44.2:1 through 27.9:1. Dual motors allow you to easily adjust your front and rear gear ratios independently while compact and lightweight gearboxes keep the motor positioned closer to the axle housing and above the axle center line for extra clearance.
Axial XR-10 RC Rock Crawler Features
- Complete “no-compromise” competition ready kit
- All new front and rear specific strong durable composite plastic, lightweight axles.
- Low profile axle housing design for maximum ground clearance.
- Front steering axle with the ability to rotate (clock) the motor up/down.
- Rear axle is 16mm narrower than the front axle to squeeze through tight gate layouts.
- All New Behind the Axle (BTA) Steering
- Enclosed steering slide with turnbuckles to adjust toe in and toe out.
- 8° kingpin angle to decrease scrub radius and allows for tighter turns.
- Durable composite plastic – strong double shear knuckle arms with replaceable aluminum drag link mount.
- Splined adjustable c-hubs provide caster adjustments in 15° increments.
- Oversized Universals
- Oversized 12.5mm universals with 4mm and 2.5mm cross pins.
- Made of hardened steel
- No backlash like dogbone setups
- 45° of steering out of the box
- 37.9:1 gear ratio using the included 14T pinion. Gearbox allows for use of 12-19T pinions for gear ratios ranging from 44.2:1 through 27.9:1.
- Dual motors allow you to easily adjust your front and rear gear ratios independently.
- Compact and lightweight gearboxes keep the motor positioned closer to the axle housing and above the axle centerline for extra clearance.
- Aluminum chassis plates with durable composite plastic skid plate.
- Chassis provides multiple upper link adjustment holes for suspension tuning and adjusting anti-squat.
- Adjustable upper shock mounts included for fine tuning ride height and can be catered to your own personal driving style.
- Adjustable body mounts provide finite adjustments for different angles and heights.
- Removable electronics tray for easy maintenance and installation
- Enclosed receiver box with wire routing guides for cleaner electronic routing/configuration.
- Multiple ESC mounting plates and configurations
- Low profile battery mount places the weight of the battery at a lower position in the vehicle to help lower the center of gravity.
- Oversized rod ends with large 7mm aluminum links and durable composite plastic sleeves (replaceable).
- Light durable composite plastic upper links also aid in lowering the center of gravity.
- Full ball bearings (oversized differential bearings)
- Differentials: locked (spool)
- Wheels: New Axial 2.2 Competition Beadlocks
- Includes CNC orange anodized rings.
- Compatible with Vanquish patented wheel weight systems (Licensed by Vanquish Products)
- Minimal beadlock hardware for assembly ease
- Narrow offset to increase steering response and strength
- Suspension: 4-link, double triangulated
- 72-103mm shocks: includes aluminum bodies and 10mm machined Delrin pistons.
- Axial Hardline Body
- Competition inspired body – design, layout, and size all catered for optimum performance.
- Meets all U.S.R.C.C.A minimum requirements
- Dove-tailed front and rear to minimize interference with tires.
- Rounded roof line and cab forward design to improve roll-over recovery.
Part #: AX90017 – Axial XR10 rock crawler
Discuss the new Axial XR-10 r/c rock crawler in our RC Rock Crawlers forum!