Does the Kraton 4s v2.5 have chassis issues?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBS4EVER

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have pretty much settled on getting the kraton 4s v2.5 and am wondering if anyone gas had issues snapping chassis and breaking them around the Hinge pins like the old version 2 did. This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing it as I really don't want to be replacing the chassis all the time.

As long as you stay away from curbs and don't flat land on the tops of berms the answer is no. You'll like the 4s Kraton, it's a nice truck.

Between the maxx and the 4s kraton/outcast, which do you perfer? I has bad luck with a granite 3s in the past and was constantly breaking the drive train, but after $200 in upgrades, it was epic. I am wondering if arrma has fixed the drivetrain issues I had with the granite (rear diff, driveshafts, and slipper clutch) on the new 4s platform.

Last edited:
The Arrma 4s line is pretty much crap. The Kraton 4s I have heard likes to flip over constantly. A guy I know that bought one has all of the various scale Kratons, and has told me if not for the fact that he has the whole set, he'd get rid of that pos.

Between the maxx and the 4s kraton/outcast, which do you perfer? I has bad luck with a granite 3s in the past and was constantly breaking the drive train, but after $200 in upgrades, it was epic. I am wondering if arrma has fixed the drivetrain issues I had with the granite (rear diff, driveshafts, and slipper clutch) on the new 4s platform.
Some things have been fixed (Diffs) But the rest is all just Arrma 4X4 Crap.

The Arrma 4s line is pretty much crap. The Kraton 4s I have heard likes to flip over constantly. A guy I know that bought one has all of the various scale Kratons, and has told me if not for the fact that he has the whole set, he'd get rid of that pos.
Some things have been fixed (Diffs) But the rest is all just Arrma 4X4 Crap.
Thanks for the input on arrma's 4x4s. I would like to also know what good the new 4s line offers. Or is it that they just improved the diffs and the rest is still crap?

You'd be much better off saving and getting a 6s, or grab an Associated MT8.

You'd be much better off saving and getting a 6s, or grab an Associated MT8.
I have seen the 6s arrma kraton on sale for $500. would running a 6s on 4s make the drivetrain last longer? I have heard horror stories about diffs as well as people who have no issues if they are shimmed properly. I simply am wanting a truck that is reliable under hard abuse (jumping at a skatepark) and won't need many major repairs/ upgrades to make it tough. I hate when an rc becomes a money pit as it is no longer fun anymore.

We ran our 6s Kraton on 4s. It does just fine. But ain't no RC going to take skate park abuse without things breaking. It's just the way it is.

A lot of diff problems can likely be attributed to people landing or tumbling their RC's while on the throttle. This is a diff killer, no matter what RC you are running. Also, a lot of people don't tear down their new RC's down and grease the diffs. They are notoriously under lubed in nearly all RTR RC's.

If I were going to run at a skate park, I'd use a short course truck. The body protects the arms. But if I were wanting to tun a monster truck, I'd go for the MT10 or a Tekno MT410 2.0. Something light and durable, will not hit the concrete as hard.

We ran our 6s Kraton on 4s. It does just fine. But ain't no RC going to take skate park abuse without things breaking. It's just the way it is.

A lot of diff problems can likely be attributed to people landing or tumbling their RC's while on the throttle. This is a diff killer, no matter what RC you are running. Also, a lot of people don't tear down their new RC's down and grease the diffs. They are notoriously under lubed in nearly all RTR RC's.

If I were going to run at a skate park, I'd use a short course truck. The body protects the arms. But if I were wanting to tun a monster truck, I'd go for the MT10 or a Tekno MT410 2.0. Something light and durable, will not hit the concrete as hard.
Are there any necessary upgrades for a kraton 6s v5?

Buy one and find out. A member of Arrma Forum (Joostin420) often has Kraton 6Ss for $449. You should hit him up and see what he's got. I just bought a Typhon 6S from him the other day. He's a great seller with a lot of reviews.

I ended up buying a maxx v1 open box for $480! A steal of a deal at $90 less than the v2 currently sold. I am really excited but have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. :(

Screenshot_20240430_084847_Chrome.jpg

Congrats on getting the maxx!

Back