RCTalk is supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
At the Nürnberg Toy Fair HPI has released news of their latest 1/5th scale car. The HPI Baja 5R 1/5th scale on-road car. Based off the ever popular HPI Baja platform the HPI Baja 5R is equipped with a lowered suspension, 5mm thick aluminum chassis, vintage 8-spoke wheels and Tarmac Buster tires and topped off with a 1970 Ford Boss Mustang body!
The heart of the car is the Fuelie 23cc engine, which will give the HPI Baja 5R wheelspinning power and enough top speed to make your pulse race!
HPI Baja 5R On-Road Features
- Replica 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 bodyshell
- On-road 5mm thick aluminum monococque chassis
- On-road suspension geometry with low ride height
- Extremely durable suspension derived from Baja 5B buggy
- On-road foam front bumper
- Vintage 8-spoke beadlock wheels with Tarmac Buster tires
- 23cc engine with super-durable Baja 5B drivetrain
- SFL-11MG steering servo
- Enclosed radio box with battery charging jack
- HPI TF-45 2.4 GHz radio system