Guidelines for dealing with Trolls:
- Always ship with insurance and tracking #'s. If shipping expensive items, ship with delivery confirmation.
- Always ask for a real name and home address, and even a home phone number, especially when trading with somebody who is unknown or has not been around for very long.
- Always have other party ship first a if trader is unknown or has not been around for very long.
- Always do a search on a trader if you are unsure of his credibility.
- If you do not receive the goods/money right away, email the other trader, and request action.
- If said trader does not respond in two working days, email again. Be patient.
- Please do not jump to conclusions until a reasonable amount of time has passed. Two weeks with no response is a sure bet that something is wrong.
- Do not make decisions while you are upset. Only post or email us after you have calmed down. This is most important. Making decisions while enraged will not help your cause; it can only hurt it.
- Do not post derogatory remarks about said trader. Instead, post your situation in a calm and friendly manner. Flaming will only raise tempers, hurting your chance of getting your goods or money back.
- Ask if anyone else has had trouble with said trader. It is always good to know as much as possible when trading with someone, especially if you think you got ripped by that person.
- If said trader does not rectify situation, and action is required, post a negative feedback for said trader.
- If said trader does not rectify situation, and action is required, we will post a thread stating “Do not trade with this person.” If said trader straightens out the mess he/she has created, and everyone who is involved is satisfied, we will delete and/or retract the statement.
- Please use common sense when trading.
- Post feedback for your deals, especially if requested to do so by the other trader. If you were treated well, a good eval is part of the deal, and the trader has earned it. If you were not treated well, other traders need to know what went wrong. Last but not least…
- Try to be nice and courteous, nobody likes to be spoken to in a RUDE manner.
Remember there are many ways to deal with a troll and one way would be to go to the following sites and file complaints:
- Internet Crime Complaint Center Works along with the FBI, National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).
- USPS Mail Complaint Department
- Better Business Bureau
- National Fraud Information Center
- State Attorney General Office Highy Recommend
Also contact the police department in the offendants hometown (Highy Recommend) with specifics and proof like emails, receipts and pm copies, name, address, phone number(s).