your opinions needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wil21lee

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am new to nitro rc really want to get in, I have done days of research, and so far Mt2 3.0 is were I am leaning to, the Jato to fast and two wheel drive, any other opinions welcome.
Also is there any new inside scoop of any new releases of 09' mt or st, should I hold out.
Mt2 3.0 is the right price range good brand Hpi I heard Nuckels can break but I'm sure the web has upgrades to work with, thats part of the fun right.
I looked at them all guys xxx-nt,firestorm, mgt 3.0, rustler.
Well besides you convincing me either way, I need to convince my wife to let me get a toy.:)

I talked my wife into letting me get the Nitro Rustler and i love the thing, its fast....real fast when tuned...i live at Fort Bragg so there is nothing but sand here, so traction is a bit rough unless on hard packed surfaces or pavement. It is my first RC and It is fairly easy to control if its your first but also has good potential for when your skills progress. I have a lot more fun with it as i get better with the RC. Guess it depends on what you want your RC for really. I am getting the T-Maxx now for bashing and building the Rustler for the track. So your terrain and expectations will gauge what to get. ( and for starters the price on the rustler isn't that hard to talk the wife into, considering its a Traxxas RC.)

yeah talking the girl into letting me get anything rc involed is a m*$&#!?er but its always worth the hard time. I started out with a rusty and I think everyone should have one even if ya just keep it parked when ya move on man I love that car. I forget where I was going with this so ill just quit. good luck wit the wife!!!!!! don't take no for a answer its worth it!!!

I just got a MT2 G3.0 thanks to RCNT!!! It is a really nice rig. The only drawback I can see is fixed links--you can not adjust camber and toe unless you add adjustable dogbones and end links. I do miss my Nitro MT...

Well besides you convincing me either way, I need to convince my wife to let me get a toy.:)

yeah talking the girl into letting me get anything rc involed is a m*$&#!?er

What's to talk about, just do it and show them who wears the pants! :D

Seriously, the MT2 looks like a good truck for the price to me. 4wd is more enjoyable IMO too.

Back