your favorite servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what does everyone like to use? I'm making a to buy list for my nmt and i plan to change everything. i never baught servos or any electronics before.

can't go wrong with a Futaba S9350 for throttle, and Airtronics 358 for steering (i want that combo so bad....). But, right now I have a JR Z590 in my throttle and a S9350 in my steering and it seems to be a pretty nice setup. I'm not too crazy about the JR, but it works.....

The 358 might be a little much for a stadium truck though :D

Buggyracer28 said:
can't go wrong with a Futaba S9350 for throttle
man thats a 100 dolar servo!! because its dust and water proof. thats crazy.lol but i am liking that .15 second 60 degree. you probably race right? i can't see a basher buying a 100 dolar servo.

Yeah... I don't spend that kind of $ on servo's... but then again, if I had the money, I would. I run futaba s3305's and hitec 645mg's. Not the greatest servo's out there, but they are fairly decent for under $50.

I'm contemplating a JR z650m the next time I need a servo. It a little faster and a little stronger than either the 645mg or s3305, but still just $50.

Hey!?!?!? Horizon changed their website! Finally! I hated their search engine.

I'm using an airtronics 94358 (.10 @ 200oz) for steering, and an airtronics 94357 (.07 @ 125oz) for throttle/brake.

My favs:

KO Propo

2363 steering
2365 steering (rough applications...st or 1/8 onroad, or just to be safe on a 1/10)
2364 throttle/brake

------------------------------------

Probably overkill for you though...For a general/bashing application, HiTec seems to have good products with great support (and cheap too!). Futaba also makes a few good servos that are good in price considering performance (s3305 for either steering or throttle/brake...123oz torque @ .20sec. 6v) I've personally used the s3305 on my old HPI nitro3 and had noooo problems with it. It was strong, dependable, and fast enough for parking lot bashing. Good luck

dannyd said:
man thats a 100 dolar servo!! because its dust and water proof. thats crazy.lol but i am liking that .15 second 60 degree. you probably race right? i can't see a basher buying a 100 dolar servo.

I use that servo and I only bash. 015 second and 60 degree is nice but don't forget it has 139oz of torque. I have it on a Savage, it turns the tires so hard and fast when I'm going slow you can hear the plastic to plastic contact when it hits the end. I need to figure out how to adjust that on the radio LOL

i like hitec 645 mg for steering and futaba s3003 for throttle (hey it was free) supertec make decent budget metal gear servos i got one 7.2kg torque, speed a bit slower than the 645 but worth it for about £20 about $10-$15

Steering JR 8611
T/B Futaba S9451...
I use that setup on both buggy and truggy
have yet to have one die on me in over 10 gallons use on each....

SMaxxin said:
it turns the tires so hard and fast when I'm going slow you can hear the plastic to plastic contact when it hits the end. I need to figure out how to adjust that on the radio LOL
Turn down your EPA... Thats exactly how you strip a servo horn. Metal servo horns are always good too :D Actually, i dont think it should be hitting plastic to plastic LOL. Maybe its dremel time :banana:

Buggyracer28 said:
Turn down your EPA... Thats exactly how you strip a servo horn. Metal servo horns are always good too :D Actually, i dont think it should be hitting plastic to plastic LOL. Maybe its dremel time :banana:

I'll have to check into adjusting the EPA?? Alreadt have the metal horn:)

925MG for MT's, 357, 358 for buggies, 645 as a spare for anything except TC.

My bad, I meant the 945mg. And for both, steering and T/B.

i used to have the hs645s but when i tried the 358s by airtronics ,what a big difference..but yes for bashing i think 645s is good..

I can't believe not one of us asked him what vehicle these are for... Man... we're starting to slip!

DannyD, what vehicle is this for?