Yet another tuning ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustedgears

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I can't seem to tune my revo. I'm using the stock mill with an aftermarket head.

To start off, I've already cleaned the carb, and the entire mill.

I'm running an A5 Plug.

Temps are about 260ish

I set the carb settings to stock and it idles okay, but when I hit the gas hard, it dies. I've tried leaning it out, and richening it up but neither seems to do good. I f-ed with it for about an hour straight and had no luck.

What do you guys think?

sounds like a typcal 2.5r..... had hte same problem with mine.. ran hot... wouldnt hold a tune.... it was just problem after problem.. IMHO get a new mill....

dbl check for a airleak
you said you cleaned everything might have tore a O-Ring when you put it back together and didnt relize it

Put the stock head back on and return to factory setting, I have never had good luck with an aftermarket head on the 2.5. With the factory head I never had a problem :shrug:

well i runa after market head and odonnels and i have no probs eith tuning my revo it holds a tune for a long time and run strong when it gets up to temp temps are about 235to 255 right in that range everyone says the 2.5r is junk but it takes a little time to figure them out then they are good enough to take many a mains in stock

Just to make sure your at the right factory settings:
4 turns out HSN
Flush with housing LSN
Also I ran McCoy MC59's and I thought the OS equivant was an A3, may try a different plug.

Last edited:
Turns out something was clogging the fuel tank. I blew into the pressure line and the damn fuel didn't want to move at all.

That explains everything that was going wrong.

Thanks for the input though.

hey did you check the tank?? it may be clogged.. it has a filter in it that can get clogged.. check for clogging

if your running 20% step up to a hotter plug...like a A3

Seems many of the first run Revo had a problem with crap in the tank (plastic shavings and such. Are you running a fuel filter? Good $5 insurance.