yet another new toy?? why yes thank you!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i went to the hobby shop today to get the adaptors so i could run the summit. while i was in there the guy asked me about my e-maxx. he has been wanting to buy it for awhile now. i asked if he had any trades and he offered this bike. i saw it in the shop a month or so ago and i guess the guy never payed for it so the shop ended up with it. he attempted to convert it to electric but gave me all the stuff to make it nitro again if i want to.

was it lessen that has the bike? whoever it is I'm gonna need some help!! this thing is in peices!!
this is what it used to look like
1233588000.jpg

this is now
IMG_8159-1024.jpg

IMG_8156-1024.jpg

IMG_8155-1024.jpg

he also tossed in a tiny esc, and a radio. and a mini rs4 that just needs a motor, radio, and a wheel hub. well and put together..

so... that makes 11 rigs.. AAHHHH

Blake you are as bad as me brother....lol. I had looked at those before but managed to pass. They do look cool though.

the bike that he got
looks like a fun project to do and make a great shelf queen :hehe:

So you gonna switch the bike back to stock?

If you need any parts you can get them at 2wheelhobbies.com

I'm not much help yet as I'm still trying to get the thing to turn over. I got a couple tips on RCU the other day so hopefully that'll help me get mine going. Has the engine ever been run? From what I hear the stock needle settings in the manual is a misprint on the LSN. I was told to try 2.5-3 turns out rather than the 6.5 the manuel says. It was also suggested that an O.S. A3 plug is a great deal of help.

I'm gonna attempt to run with the electric conversion, but i have the stuff to put it back nitro if i want to. i got no manuals or anything...

I'm gonna attempt to run with the electric conversion, but i have the stuff to put it back nitro if i want to. i got no manuals or anything...

that thing would be mad as nitro
i would love to look out my window and c a nitro motorbike going flat out down my road
but then hey i would love to look out my window and c anything nitro going down my road... my towns got no1 when it comes to RC

Very nice... and very jealous. Can't wait for more rigs!

so far I've found I'm missing a part i have to have to drive it.

popup_image.php
TTRPD6726.jpg

see the spring under the red nipple thing? the front fork pivots front and back, you can adjust the angle i guess for tuning. the spring holds it out, but if you hit a bump or something it will give.

I'm missing that spring..... i found it for $1.99 but i want to figure out what else i need before i place a 2 dollar order and pay 9.99 in shipping..

the big thing is figuring out where to mount the esc and rx. i think I'm missing some mount plates as well.

Holy crap! I never even realised it did that. I've always wondered what the point of that spring was... :) Thanks bud, now I know :) In reference to my PM.... that seems to be fairly stiff so I don't think that's going to make any difference in the stability. Wow, I can't believe I never noticed that.

Is that pic from your bike? I see you have two steering dampers. Mine came with one and it's not aluminum bodied.

no that is off that web site you gave me, mine is all stock as far as i can tell. although it had a rd logics pipe on it. the guy took it off to make it electric.

i may try to do two dampers though, it seems a bit soft.

If I were you I would let it go for a while until you get used to driving it. From what I've read, the steering servo does not actually steer it like we understand steering in a conventional manner. From reading it sounds like the steering system is more there to persuade the act of steering. The arc of the turn seems to be altered by speed and throttle rather than steering. Basically, you don't drive these bikes like we drive our trucks, buggies and cars. I believe you use the steering to start the turn but you don't really use it to return to center, you actually use the throttle. I believe when you gas it, it causes the bike to straighten out.

If I were you I would let it go for a while until you get used to driving it. From what I've read, the steering servo does not actually steer it like we understand steering in a conventional manner. From reading it sounds like the steering system is more there to persuade the act of steering. The arc of the turn seems to be altered by speed and throttle rather than steering. Basically, you don't drive these bikes like we drive our trucks, buggies and cars. I believe you use the steering to start the turn but you don't really use it to return to center, you actually use the throttle. I believe when you gas it, it causes the bike to straighten out.

i assume its simular to a real bike, you use the steering to break the gyro, lean to turn, then let the bike stand back up to come out of it.

Ummmm.......about that bike.....
It's just not your style. Pack it up. I'll take it.

packed and shipped, now pack up that savage so i can actually run it for ya!! :stick:

Back