YEAH I found a LHS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipluther01

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I found a hobby shop that is 20 minutes from me. The only problem is that it's mostly an airplane shop, but he is going to build an outdoor track for buggy/truck racing this summer.Complete with lights and covered drivers stand. Plus he has an indoor track for mini LST's. He also told me that if I find a part online cheaper tell him and he will beat the price. He does have 2 isles of Traxxas parts. Mostly plastic junk, but he told me he can usually get stuff next day. Longest Id have to wait is 2 days. :first_place: :whhooo:

it's always nice to have a hobby shop near by. It's their life so they usually know their stuff.

You have NO idea how lucky you are. If he will match or beat an online price, buy everything you need there. LHSs need all the support they can get, since it's the internet shops that put them out of business.

I know I almost did the river dance in the store there.. lol

If he's putting in tracks, you can be sure he'll be stocking everything anyone will need, plus a good variety of R/Cs.

You have NO idea how lucky you are. If he will match or beat an online price, buy everything you need there. LHSs need all the support they can get, since it's the internet shops that put them out of business.

I'm with rolex on this one. I've come upon a new upstart LHS in my area (45 miles away... close enough!;)) and they are very similar. They are airplane guys as well, but they like the crawlers. They don't know a whole lot about off road rc, but they are willing to learn. The stock almost every part for the maxx, revo, jato, LST and savage. If they don't have it, they will order it no questions asked.

They will match tower and horizon, but I don't pursue it. Only when they have to look up something they don't have do they automatically give me 5% off horizons price. I figure if I pay a little more on things, maybe they will stay around for a while. Going cheap sometimes costs you in the end. ;)

I just wish they carried byrons fuel... they will order it by the case for me though. May buy a case at the beginning of spring.

Now that you mention it I think they did stock that kinda fuel. they had 20 and 25% available in 16% lubrication and the race application was 11%

That is the beauty of Southern California - within an hour of me there are probably ten hobby shops LOL! I found a REALLY good local one though; the staff is nice, friendly, and they will look at your junk for free if you bring it in!

Glad you found something that will work for you - local support makes the hobby so much better. :)

When I lived in St. Louis There was like 4 or 5 within 15 minutes of where I lived

Back