XXXNT... NEED New Engine ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:mad:

Okay after about two years and a sleeve rebuild. I have and OS .15 pull start converted to bump start. Paper weight.

Watch Ebay I'm selling it as such soon....

It has a lot of shaft play and it's a bitch to tune it to run. I have to lean it down so much that it runs to hot just to keep running after a all out sprint.

Ok any way

The question is this.

On the OS engines what are all the letters for? C S V X R.... yadda yadda.

I'm looking to replace the .15 with a .15 The OS engine was a good beater and it did put up a hell of a fight with the other RC10 hoodlums in the nieghborhood.

I've heard from this board that the .15 is overkill but hell I like to watch it pull wheelies up hill :)

Remind me to tell you the RC10 Story with blowing his engine and replacing the sleeve piston and bearing with hoped up Cermaics and I still drugg his ass with this old OS .15....

Anyway.. Any help or pointers would be FANTASTIC!

Thanks...
Goose

If you like the OS stay with it.
CV- is the basic
CVR- is the racing version
The X after any OS means Pull Start.
You could also go for the rear exhaust .12 OS TR :D Thats what i use. A little over 1.1 hp @ 36,000 rpm as compared to the .15 CVR 1.2 hp @ 36,000 rpm. Same HP less weight.

eddy nailed the acronymns right on the head. If you are just bashing, and rather reliability over speed, go with the .15cv. it can be had for less than 90.00 and is still quite a performer. if you would like the extra speed, go with the cv-r it has almost double the power .68hp vx 1.2hp. It is a lil more money, abut 120.00 but worth it . i have been very happy with the OS products i have had, or currently have, so i would recommend that u stick with them,, good luck!

Back