XXL2 vs the new MTXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky78

RCNT Window Licker
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So... I'm planning and saving for a "Big Gun" I'm torn between the Baja and the DBXL and to add to the confusion I looked at the MTXL. Then I realized that the MTXL comes with a smaller engine than the XXL2. Why would they put a .29 engine in something that much bigger than the XXL, knowing the XXL has a .31?
Can anyone enlighten me? Or tell me to steer clear of those to and stick to the DBXL or Baja 5b? Oh and HPI/RipMax showed today that the Kraken Baja is soon to be as well. Ugh.

Maybe I should have put this in General Chaos.

Totally different beasts. The LST is 1/8 scale and came with a .28 Nitro engine, the MTXL is 1/5 scale and has a 29cc (not .29) gasoline engine.

You're right I meant cc. But I was talking about the gas LST. Maybe I read wrong.

Oh yeah, I saw XXL instead of XXL2. Pretty much the same thing though, it's a .31 cubic inch gas engine.

If you are a speed junkie, I would go for the Baja, a DBXL is too sluggish with its quirky 4WD system.

I got a KM X2/ Losi 5ive clone with a 30.5cc piped, and a KM Baja 30.5cc piped as well...
Although the 4WD shines on turns and keeping the power under control, the Baja its just snappy, and pulls insane, leaving the 5ive/X2 behind.
The DBXL is some weird design that many Losi followers regret such release due to parts that break all the time (front shaft), and its terrible for jumping.

Losi 5ive, excellent cornering, super balanced when jumping, realistic look and handling. It basically handles as a real truck where you see the chassis pushed around, the jumps take some time, it is not a nimble SC truck.
Baja, screamer, speed demon, power drifting 101 all day, takes time and patience to keep all that power under control.
DBXL, terrible on jumps, bad design, parts not compatible with Losi 5ive. If I recall, Losi bought the rights to the buggy from another company.
+++
Peace

Attachments

• Baja King Motors (2).jpg
    Baja King Motors (2).jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 20151220_095331.jpg
    20151220_095331.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 248
Back