XTM Rage 1/18?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbielst2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone have or ever seen one of these in action? I'm thinking about buying it from my local RC store.. $170 gets you a RTR rig w/ Bat. & charger...I'm also lookin at the mini LST2. Both are brushless set ups.. any info would be GREAT!! I have an lst2 and want to buy a smaller electric truck.. Anything that size for about $2-250 i'm interested in...

Trust me, the XTM Rage is a lil' ball of fun all of its own.

Great fun to say the least, but i would upgrade the radio to 2.4ghz and get the alloy steering hubs for durability.

Does anyone have or ever seen one of these in action? I'm thinking about buying it from my local RC store.. $170 gets you a RTR rig w/ Bat. & charger...I'm also lookin at the mini LST2. Both are brushless set ups.. any info would be GREAT!! I have an lst2 and want to buy a smaller electric truck.. Anything that size for about $2-250 i'm interested in...

I've got two of the things - they're great, although you have to be quite careful with them on rough tracks - any sideways knocks on the wheels and the knuckles will smash - these are a real pain to swap.

I've got both of mine in bits at the mo. - one i'm trying to convert to brushless (Mamba Micro 4200kv) and the other I'm attempting to make amphibious.

Buy one if you haven't got one already - they're awesome!!!

Bug

Ok guys, I just got my hands on a RAGE!!! It came with a stock brushless system.. Is anyone familiar with a lipo batt. that i can use in it? The manual says it has to be a 2 cell 7.4 volt.. Any ideas would be GREAT!!

Great to hear you've got one - enjoy!

...you may be able to help me out here - I've been trying to put a Mamba Micro System in my Rage and it's not working. The pinion gear has a hole that is way too big for the motor's shaft.

So:
What motor does your Rage come with?
Is it using the stock pinion gears or some different ones?
Are you using the stock ESC with your LiPo system? I've been trying to find out if you can, but you seem to have the answer!

Thanks - if you reply to this with the answers, you may save me a load of time, hassle and brain-aches.

Bug

A 2s LiPo is 7.4 volts. You'll probably be wanting to look for a LiPo that is about 1200 mah capacity.