XTM Mammoth ST stuff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in
G

gsbuickman

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Hey guys, I am currently looking for
61T & 66t steel spur gears
for my new XTM Mammoth ST. Or the conversion to upgrade the 2 speed. Or:hehe:
any other upgrades for this as well
If you can help me out, let me know !!!! Thanks

K

kaos5150

RC Newbie
hello this is an old thread but were you able to find any steel spur gears for the xtm mammoth i acquired a used one for cheap but only got to run it 3 times before i demolished the gears and cannot seem to find anybody that carries these prts anymore.

Rooky78

Rooky78

RCNT Window Licker
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Holy dead thread, Batman! I really hope you can find what you're looking for. I have some steel spurs laying around I got with a CEN that I got tired of combing through ancient threads trying to find parts that may work. I I don't think I have anything big enough, but if you find a different brand that'll work let me know.

K

kaos5150

RC Newbie
Yea I'm new to this trying to use roc cars on my nephew to get him to do better in high school so far his improved his grades now trying to get parts to give him one of my nitros so far I found one steel spur gear from hobby people but no luck on getting both

Rooky78

Rooky78

RCNT Window Licker
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Welcome to RCNT! Sometimes kids need a little push in the proper direction. Be sure to introduce yourself in the introductions thread.

olds97_lss

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I had one of those many years ago, it came with a 2 speed, but I put a center diff in it because the two speed kept chewing teeth due to the engine twisting when under torque.

Rolex

Rolex

Get OUT of my recliner
Staff member
Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Flying
I hope the thread starter has solved his issues in the last 5 years. He hasn't been back here in 4.

K

kaos5150

RC Newbie
Olds97-ls yes those be the gears expensive i ended up ordering the stock gears and just going to fix it and leave her alone and put her up in my collection just start her up not bash her

olds97_lss

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Yeah, $82 for 2 spur gears is a bit of a chunk, but it beats tearing the center of your truck apart every weekend. Really though, if it was possible at all, it would make sense to extend the crankshaft and have a set of bearings hold the shaft in place so that it didn't flex when under torque. I didn't have as much issue on my aftershock when I had it, but from what I recall, it didn't seem to stick out as far as the XTM 2 speed bell and didn't create as much leverage.

Also, xtm alloy is pretty soft and flexy, so that just compounds the problem.

Ballen

Ballen

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I have an old xtm ,was running a few years ago . I will get rid of the whole truck , if you still are in need .going to get ride of all my stuff .

K

kaos5150

RC Newbie
Hello how much are you selling the mammoth and what kind of shape is it in

Ballen

Ballen

RCNT Addict
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hello how much are you selling the mammoth and what kind of shape is it in
Haven't started it in a few years ,never really ran it ,got as part of a collection. Don't get me wrong it has been used just not by me . I will get it out and take a couple of pictures if you would like . Probably sell for $150-175 .