Xrt to Xmaxx conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reysesouder

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here to rc talk but was wondering your guys thoughts on this. So I bought a Traxxas xrt Slider and then on impulse not wanting to wait and build it to my liking I splurged and bought an rtr xrt😭 now I’m thinking while everyone else is trying to convert the Xmaxx to xrt why don’t I ask a forum or two what their thoughts are about turning the xrt slider into an Xmaxx. If money is no obstacle at the moment what would it take to do this as an interesting/fun build to do with my brother in law who is just now getting into the hobby?

An Xmaxx (or XRT) is no vehicle for someone just getting into the hobby.
I’ve been in the hobby for a Long time lol. And it’s not his vehicle. We’re building it because it’s big and so are the parts so it’s not so difficult that he can’t work on it while I’m not around. Plus he’s being taught.. it’s not like he can drive it now and I wouldn’t let him use it without my help. I dearly appreciate your input on safety precautions though.

I dearly appreciate your input on safety precautions though.
Don't run it into yourselves or others. I ran my 1/10 scale cars into my ankles. That hurt. Wonder what a 1/6 or 1/5 would to. Run the car in a big open space.
Other safety precautions would be like LiPo safety and all.

i appreciate that. Can I get an answer on my original question? Wondering what I’d need to convert the xrt roller to Xmaxx.

Go onto the Traxxas website and do some research. Download the manual for both and determine if it is worth it for you.

Not that were trying to run you off but I dont think anyone here has done that specific conversion.

Hey guys I’m new here to rc talk but was wondering your guys thoughts on this. So I bought a Traxxas xrt Slider and then on impulse not wanting to wait and build it to my liking I splurged and bought an rtr xrt😭 now I’m thinking while everyone else is trying to convert the Xmaxx to xrt why don’t I ask a forum or two what their thoughts are about turning the xrt slider into an Xmaxx. If money is no obstacle at the moment what would it take to do this as an interesting/fun build to do with my brother in law who is just now getting into the hobby?
I have both XMAXX and XRT...so I have never thought about converting either one to the other but it sounds like a fun and relatively easy build. I look forward to seeing some updates on your progress. Good luck....and BTW pay no attention to the peeps with negative " know it all" comments...from beginner to expert to professional level RC comes down to one thing .. having fun....as long as your doing that...let the hater hate and carry on lol...
Personally I find the XMAXX and XRT both VERY easy to work on compared to many other models
As long as there reassembled correctly and nothing is over tightent there a breeze

Last edited:
I think the X-Maxx is an excellent choice for somebody getting into the hobby - if they A) Have the money (damn expensive to start) B) Have the SPACE to run it & C) Want to get a *big* vehicle to bash. Also gotta consider where you're going to bash. Somewhere that has a lot of deeper ruts like a construction site, or desert w/ large stones, bmx track, skate park...

The thing that I've seen kill peoples interest in the hobby is getting their outting cut short because their cool RC breaks everytime they go out. If that doesn't get them, then its getting nickle & dime'd every trip. Or they pick something that's too technical and time consuming to repair. If they're looking for a basher, Maxx, X-Maxx, Maxx, E Revo, Sledge, XRT, most anything ARMA, all great options. Don't forget Traxxas has the training mode that halves the power as well. I know the X Maxx & UDR have that setting...

I totally agree...I'm pretty much just a basher not so much a racer...I mostly run airplanes and helicopters...but as far as RC cars go I have XMAXX, XRT, SLEDGE, Kraton 6s,losi LMT Bog Hog, Grave Digger and king sling, ARMMA felony, 2 losi 1/10 no prep drag cars, Nitro rustler and a cheap ridgerock crawler.
I think the X-Maxx is an excellent choice for somebody getting into the hobby - if they A) Have the money (damn expensive to start) B) Have the SPACE to run it & C) Want to get a *big* vehicle to bash. Also gotta consider where you're going to bash. Somewhere that has a lot of deeper ruts like a construction site, or desert w/ large stones, bmx track, skate park...

The thing that I've seen kill peoples interest in the hobby is getting their outting cut short because their cool RC breaks everytime they go out. If that doesn't get them, then its getting nickle & dime'd every trip. Or they pick something that's too technical and time consuming to repair. If they're looking for a basher, Maxx, X-Maxx, Maxx, E Revo, Sledge, XRT, most anything ARMA, all great options. Don't forget Traxxas has the training mode that halves the power as well. I know the X Maxx & UDR have that setting...

Don't forget Traxxas has the training mode that halves the power as well.

Traxxas Hoss two years before getting the XRT here. The first 6 months owning the Hoss, every time I took it out of training mode, I would break something within two minutes; sometimes in 10 seconds :-0

Don't run it into yourselves or others. I ran my 1/10 scale cars into my ankles. That hurt. Wonder what a 1/6 or 1/5 would to. Run the car in a big open space.
Other safety precautions would be like LiPo safety and all.
I once accidentally ran my Slash 4X4 Ultimate into my ankle full speed on 2S. Surprisingly it didn’t really hurt so the bumper must really absorb a lot of energy. With something like your Rustler 2WD, Losi Mini-B, and an AE buggy that must hurt a lot

I once accidentally ran my Slash 4X4 Ultimate into my ankle full speed on 2S. Surprisingly it didn’t really hurt so the bumper must really absorb a lot of energy. With something like your Rustler 2WD, Losi Mini-B, and an AE buggy that must hurt a lot
My kid was standing next to my xmaxx and I accidentally hit the throttle... kid just about did a backflip. He cried for a bit but was fine. At full speed that thing would definitely break bones.

Ran into my self with the buggy. That hurt. Straight into my ankle. At full speed. At the time I was going to hit the brakes but I forgot that my trigger was broken and yea.

I feel ya....a couple weeks ago I got hit in the ankle by an XRT going like 30mph....still hurts

Traxxas Hoss two years before getting the XRT here. The first 6 months owning the Hoss, every time I took it out of training mode, I would break something within two minutes; sometimes in 10 seconds :-0
Oh man. I thought I was the only one that did that, I managed to break a suspension arm in training mode on my Hoss..

Ran into my self with the buggy. That hurt. Straight into my ankle. At full speed. At the time I was going to hit the brakes but I forgot that my trigger was broken and yea.
lol i crashed my team associated rc10 t3 on 3s brushless into my ankle going full speed like 50 mph and i almost did a frontflip because iit hit me head on because i was facing the car.

Back