XMaxx addiction,,problem #2,,slow 800kv Castle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Mike

RCTalk Member
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Amazing source of help, THANKS in advance guys,,So I bought a project XMaxx shortly after my first,,it is almost new with Castle 800kv and Momba Monster 8s ,otherwise stock ,think I got good deal cause it would only go backwards,, I bought Castle Link and got it functioning but it goes slowly ? Half speed really but programmed to 100% on link, thinking needs to calibrate with tqi transmitter, is that my issue ? How do I do that with castle esc,?,any tricks I should know ?Thanks again

Amazing source of help, THANKS in advance guys,,So I bought a project XMaxx shortly after my first,,it is almost new with Castle 800kv and Momba Monster 8s ,otherwise stock ,think I got good deal cause it would only go backwards,, I bought Castle Link and got it functioning but it goes slowly ? Half speed really but programmed to 100% on link, thinking needs to calibrate with tqi transmitter, is that my issue ? How do I do that with castle esc,?,any tricks I should know ?Thanks again
Make sure your throttle dual rate is turned up to 100% on your radio, and make sure the ESC is properly calibrated to the motor. Calibrate the radio too, won't hurt! After that, if you've done all of that and it still goes slow, take the pinion off the motor, and check for any drivetrain binding/excessive friction. Hope this helps!

Make sure your throttle dual rate is turned up to 100% on your radio, and make sure the ESC is properly calibrated to the motor. Calibrate the radio too, won't hurt! After that, if you've done all of that and it still goes slow, take the pinion off the motor, and check for any drivetrain binding/excessive friction. Hope this helps!
Think i need to calibrate to radio but Castle esc doesn't seem to work like original?as hold button till red blink and pull trigger etc....drivetrain good ,,anyone familiar with this

Recalibrate the ESC/Radio and you can also try reversing the throttle direction and see if that makes it right.

Running 8s, did learn to calibrate castle ,and double checked all my link settings ,,just checking in ,, no help so far ,,it isnt crawling but my stock setup is much faster,,think gears 30-35 ,,so still scratching my old gray head,lol,thanks again

Running 8s, did learn to calibrate castle ,and double checked all my link settings ,,just checking in ,, no help so far ,,it isnt crawling but my stock setup is much faster,,think gears 30-35 ,,so still scratching my old gray head,lol,thanks again
If you are running a sensorless set up unplug any two motor wires at random and swap them. See what happens. If that doesn't make any difference you may wanna try calling Castles tech support and see what they suggest. If they can help ya be sure and let us know for future reference :)

Running sensored actually ,Greywolf,,,,,,gonna call Castle soon!will let you guys know for sure,thanks

You can still unplug the sensor wire and swap the motor wires. I just setup an xlx2 and 1100kv on one of my Xmaxx's. I've yet to actually go run it though.

You can also check to see if the transmitter has the Bluetooth link installed on it. I bought two Xmaxx's as a package deal and one had the Bluetooth link installed and had some really funky settings.

My motor and esc had the motor leads labeled too A B C.

If the motor is running sensored then make sure Wire A runs to tab A, B run to B and C runs to C.