Xl5 motor rating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a team Orion method sv2 13x2 brushed motor

I’m having trouble finding out if that will work in the xl5 esc. It’s going into my stampede.

From what I found out it better than the titan motor I just need help to know if it will work in the stampede or damage the motor or esc in any way

The xl5 is rated down to a 15t 540 motor a 13t 540 motor is too hot of motor to run in a MT IMHO.

I look at it as just 2 turn different. Not sure what that means but it doesn’t sounds that bad when in terms of numbers. To the amateur (me) it doesn’t seem that bad.
Is there any way to keep the motor cooler?
Will it damage my esc or motor?
If it’s just going to burn up the brushes I don’t mind. I found a spare 2 sets with the motor

I look at it as just 2 turn different. Not sure what that means but it doesn’t sounds that bad when in terms of numbers. To the amateur (me) it doesn’t seem that bad.
Is there any way to keep the motor cooler?
Will it damage my esc or motor?
If it’s just going to burn up the brushes I don’t mind. I found a spare 2 sets with the motor

It's up to you sounds like you really want to try it so go ahead. The esc should thermal shutdown first but sometimes they fry instead when using a hotter (lower turn) running motor. No room for trying to cool a 540 motor in a Traxxas 2wd gearbox without hacking up the rear end or maybe going with a aftermarket gearbox. As with any hotter running lower turn brushed motor or high kv brushless motor try a smaller pinion first and work your way up. If don't mind frying the motor do whatever you want you may or may not fry the esc the motor will probably go first.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. It’s not something I’m going to jump on right away. Just wanted to know the ramifications if I did.

Back