Xjeepguy’s Xmaxx build thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s my Xmaxx build thread. My Xmaxx started out as a new, green truck a couple months ago. Things kinda got out of hand quick lol.
First came the Widemaxx kit (in green of course)
BED8C9FA-134A-470B-AECB-C6FBFEA9437A.jpeg

Then I immediately blew a stock tire off the rim, so a set of Duratrax Lockups came next.
A6635D75-A4E8-4625-B1FF-B26493569493.jpeg

I’m a basher, so I added a M2C center drive kit.
39CED993-23D4-4AFD-B29F-13C4A52FE196.jpeg

I then added WFO battery trays and outdrive rings, spectrum 160a ESC and motor, with the M2C motor/esc mount.
11B056BB-9F1D-4DB7-939D-05A23611F86D.jpeg
FFC4D089-FD51-41A7-B165-F994B2EB6BEA.jpeg

I’ve since added a Reefs 500 Raw steering servo, and new hubs with the oversized bearings. I got tired of my body flying off all the time so I got the body strap kit from RCMadlabz.
33D9A27C-DC9B-490E-906B-58C907192AF8.jpeg

Here she is now, the pic just doesn’t show how beat up that body is lol.

are the turnbuckles plastic ? or do i see wrong ?

Yep. They’re the ones that come with the Widemaxx kit.

ahaaa . How much more wide is it now ?

I know stock these tumble wumble easy.
Now it must be alot more stable ?

I like green color best

ahaaa . How much more wide is it now ?

I know stock these tumble wumble easy.
Now it must be alot more stable ?

I like green color best
If I were to guess I’d say around 3” wider overall. It’s way, way, more stable. That was a very good investment.

If I were to guess I’d say around 3” wider overall. It’s way, way, more stable. That was a very good investment.

3 inch ? wow, sound good, must be awsome now, i believe this is the most important mod to these x-maxxes actually

Are you happy with the stub axles and wheel nuts? You said new hubs which hubs? I keep losing one wheel nut and it chews the stinkin threads beyond repair. Just did it a second time in a year and I think same corner.

Looks good - where did you get the Duratrax Lockups? Like which ones? I have the SixPacks and Hatchet X's. Can't have to many tires/rims... :hyperbuggy:

Back