XBOX 360 - which one to get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The lil lady is getting my an xbox 360 for Christmas and looking at Best Buy and Gamestop there are looks to be 3-4 different types from an arcade being the cheapest to the Elite with Modern Warfare being the most expensive.

Excluding having a game included what's the difference between all these Xbox's? I'm basically just wanting to play Madden and maybe get Guitar Hero.

Suggestions?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

The Elite is the way to go with it's 120gb drive. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pro-60GB-Console/dp/B001BZ3PY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1258248339&sr=8-1-spell[/ame]

Modern Warfare edition is cool and has a massive 250gb drive, but is a bit more than what you need.

Don't even bother with the Arcade version.

Rob - I've seen that MS page and the only difference I see in the two is a headset, network cable and a HDD. Why do I need a hard drive?

the HD is for save games and online (if you plan on going live)

Last edited:
XBOX Live is the only way to go. The hard drive also makes it quicker to load the games than using the DVD all the time. You can also put music for in-game ambiance on the drive as well as videos from online services.

Last edited:
The hard drive also makes it quicker to load the games than using the DVD all the time.

only if you install the game to the hard drive.. which is always a good idea if you plan on playing certain games a lot.

Rob - I've seen that MS page and the only difference I see in the two is a headset, network cable and a HDD. Why do I need a hard drive?

You will be wanting to save your progress and team if you are going to play Madden.

You will also need it to go online and play other guys on Live which I highly recommended.

The Pro version is a little cheaper and comes with the smaller drive. I have the equivalent to the pro.

Unfortunately, Microsoft discontinued the Pro package when they dropped the price the last time. They're really hard to find here.

120HD And a live account. You can't go wrong. As for the differences, You are right with what you named.
The arcade only has a 256mb mem card.
That will only hold some game saves. I think when I say this alot of people will agree, if you get one there will be more games that you will find that you like later.
The HDD is used for download content such as game add-ons (map packs and such), demos, videos,Live account,music, And as stated above if you play a game alot you can download it to the HDD and it loads so much quicker (not to mention less stress on the disk drive.)
Also as Rob said We highly recommend going live to play with others, And us damn it :D

Oh and i forgot about the upcoming things for the lil lady that I think will take the HDD. They are adding Facebook, Twitter, And a few other things.

Last edited: