x treme charger x80 touch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B2P

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use the x treme charger x80 touch? I'm charging 2 batteries of 7.4V and 5000mah, it just doesn't seem to stop charging, i dont understand it, must I double the Volts or mah to 10000mah and 14.8V? I can charge 3 hours and it doesn't seem to stop, does anyone no what the storage menu is for?, thanks,

Kind Regards,

Bram Pietersen

I see this has been here for a couple of weeks but just incase you havent gotten an answer what settings are you using on the charger? If you're trying to charge a 5000mAh lipo then you should be charging it about 5A in which case it will take about 45-60 minutes to charge. If you were charging it on 1A it would take approx. 5 hours to charge.

I see this has been here for a couple of weeks but just incase you havent gotten an answer what settings are you using on the charger? If you're trying to charge a 5000mAh lipo then you should be charging it about 5A in which case it will take about 45-60 minutes to charge. If you were charging it on 1A it would take approx. 5 hours to charge.
Allright thanks, yes it was on 5A i just dont understand the battary does get entiraly full when charging for an hour, it just stops when it reached 5000mah so when i go on charging it takes about another hour to say when its full

Allright thanks, yes it was on 5A i just dont understand the battary does get entiraly full when charging for an hour, it just stops when it reached 5000mah so when i go on charging it takes about another hour to say when its full

I'm charging two lipo batteries of 5000mah 7.4 volt under the settings of 7.4 volt 5000 mah

Don't do it till someone else verifies it, but I believe you'll have to leave the voltage setting where it is and double the mAH.

Yeaj exactly thats what i thought but i didnt no for sure I'm not a a technician on elctric niveau, but thanks ill see the seller said he didnt know what to do so i was checking here thanks,

Kind regard

Bram Pietersen

You need to charge them one at a time. Parallel charging is possible but its not really very good for the lipos themselves. Over time it can damage them especially if you're charging them that way every time. But that explains why it was taking 2 hours. Your charging 10,000mAh worth of lipos that way at a rate of 5000mA, So the average time for a charge like that would be about 2 hours. Maybe longer since the charger has to fight to try to balance all the cells in both batteries but it really can't do it properly since the charger can't read all of the individual cells when charging that way so it could take even longer than 2 hours and can possibly damage the lipos over time.

You need to charge them one at a time. Parallel charging is possible but its not really very good for the lipos themselves. Over time it can damage them especially if you're charging them that way every time. But that explains why it was taking 2 hours. Your charging 10,000mAh worth of lipos that way at a rate of 5000mA, So the average time for a charge like that would be about 2 hours. Maybe longer since the charger has to fight to try to balance all the cells in both batteries but it really can't do it properly since the charger can't read all of the individual cells when charging that way so it could take even longer than 2 hours and can possibly damage the lipos over time.
Hmm alright thanks, thats probably it, bit i bought this charger especially to charge 2 lipos at the same time so thats a bit bummer, but your rigjt iy only can read one lipo at a time but i thougt it was possible to charge 2 lipos a the same time, but thanks, i will try to communicate this with the seller, thanks,

Kind regards,

Bram Pietersen

I'm glad you got the right info on this. I wasn't quite sure, but even from the early days of NiCad batteries I've never charged more than one at a time.

Unless your charger has two seperate ports for charging leads (That charger only has one) you really should only charge one lipo at a time. You can parallel charge two identical size and capacity lipos if the lipos are both drained down to the same point but it will take twice as long and its not quite as accurate so parallel charging should be kept to only times when speed charging is a must. That being said if your charger tops out at 5A which that one probably either tops out at 5A or 6A then you might as well charge them one at a time anyway cuz it will take the same amount of time regardless. Hope this helps.

Back