X-Ray NT18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobuzzard

Useless NOOB!!
Reaction score
Neither here...nor there...but everywhere
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I haven't really heard any type of FB on these things. I know they've been out for a few years but seems no-one is commenting on them?? A bud of mine bought one a few months back, we just got around to building it, and it looks to be a decent kit. Of course it is, its an X-Ray right? lol But seriously, anyone heard anything about these things? We haven't broke in the engine just yet...crappy weather : (

I'll try and get some pics up and some FB of my own after we've run the snot out of it..lol

-Nitro

um...FB? Its been sometime.

Yea Jon I'm slacking..lol haven't had a chance to run it..between work and the rain i've been having conditions have been less than favorable.

I will say the quality of the kit was good...of course. The build was an easy one, they supplied the tools to build it with...which consisted of one small phillips head screwdriver..lol

the only complaint I have is the exhaust...it looks like a miniature NTC3 rear exhaust setup, which is not bad...but the side of the body is flared out due to the pipe. On the box it shows it all nice and smooth, but, the pic on the box is of the electric version..NOT the nitro. Other than that, I was really impressed with the little ride.

Tires/wheels are like that on the MRS4's, which is nice. Makes changing them easy..lol Ride height isn't a whole lot lower than my FT NTC3 so I dont really think that a fairly smooth parking lot will be a problem.

When I made this post we had all intention of running it within the next few days..then the sleet/freezing rain set in followed by rain. Will post as soon as I can get it out to test it....I will try my best to get pics up by this coming weekend, (2/13). (have to get in touch with my bud)

My apologies for the delay : (

-Nitro

I almost picked up one of these from a friend. They seem to have a lot of potential but I want to see more experienced drivers to say what is needed to make it a stronger ride.

Let us know bro.

We had a guy at our local track before it closed that ran a little Kyosho Spada and really like running it and very few problems with it.

Been quite a bit of time since last post...I know. LOL Weather still not good...this weekend its supposed to be 51 with NO rain!! YEAAA!!!! first nice weekend in a very long time...sheesh...my yard is all but a freaking swamp from all the ice, snow and rain...be glad to see it dry up.

Hopefully my buddy ins't busy this weekend and I can at least get the pics up. Maybe run a few tanks through it and let you guys know how it does.

I haven't forgot you guys :)

-Nitro

Well we finally had a nice day so we started the break in process. Engine seems to be powerful enough. We run a few tanks through it, sloppy rich, and it still had alot of pep to it...i was surprised..lol

I did get a few naked pics of it, the lid is here as well but we haven't taken the time to decal it yet so it looks like crap...LOL

Plans are to finish breaking-in the engine tomorrow and see what its really going to do.

Enjoy guys :)

-Nitro

100_1737.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1740.jpg

100_1741.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1744.jpg

100_1745.jpg

Last edited:
Back