X-Maxx self righting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
X-Maxx-Intro-Selfrighting.jpg

Traxxas looks to making the "walk of shame" a thing of the past with the new Traxxas X-Maxx. The new monster truck is said to be able to flip it self right side up should it flip upside down. A simple press of a button on the receiver and the X-Maxx will work to flip itself over.

Check out this video.

all kits should have this! :)
I'm willing to bet if traxxas can make this work without blowing up gears then we'll see many more RC manufacturers memic this feature.

People still hate the EZ-Start though onboard starters are becoming more prevalent.

I'm willing to bet if traxxas can make this work without blowing up gears then we'll see many more RC manufacturers memic this feature.
yeah if they do it right and it works well and doesn't make the kit to top heavy this could be a really nice feature!

What about this feature makes the truck top heavy?

Same thing i was thinking. All it is is a small gyro type device connected to the ESC to utalize the motor/wheels to rock the thing back on its "feet"

Sounds like something that one immediately removes just like with the EZ start on their nitros..

Sounds like something that one immediately removes just like with the EZ start on their nitros..

Since it has to be manually engaged, i dont see people using it very often, but as far as going through the trouble of removing it...... less than likely.

There is already a gyro built into the receiver for the TSM functions which I'm guessing is what Traxxas is going to use for the self-righting feature.

Being it's built into the receiver and simply rocking the truck back and forth I still don't see the correlation on how this would suddenly make the truck top heavy.

Removing the "feature" for good would be simple, change out the radio for a different system. Done. :)

Removing the "feature" for good would be simple, change out the radio for a different system. Done. :)

Or just unplug the 3rd channel on the receiver.

What about this feature makes the truck top heavy?
Sorry, when I made that post I hadnt watched the X-MAXX vids yet so I didnt understand their "self righting" design. I was thinking they had incorporated some version of the pre-existing "flip lid" into their design. Something akin to the one in the link below.

http://www.torsionalconcepts.com/

I'm guessing this is a few grams worth of components added to the circuit board. At first I thought it was a motor driven device.
Pretty much zero additional weight and a brilliant feature added.
New we can send all the turn marshals home.

From the pic in the first post it looked like something comes out of the bed to flip the truck.

Not at all like the flopping fish effect in the vid. Talk about a bait and switch.

That thing in the bed is the lid locking mech. No more pins.

Back