Wraith question on motor and gearing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My brother smoked his stock 20T motor on his wraith last weekend. My question is the only motor the LHS had was a Integy 55T. He is running all stock electronics, with a 20T pinion and a 80T spur is this hearing going to be to high to run with this motor? I ran it some tonight after installing it seems to run cool so far.

55 turn is going to be awful slow. See if you can find a 35 turn.

Thanks for the quick reply, and yah she is pretty dang slow. It's all he cold get. We got a trail run this weekend and he wanted to get it going so he didn't miss out LOL! As long as he is wheeling he will be happy.:D

I actually use 4200 kV brushless in my SCX-JK project.

Sorry hulkmaxx: Do any of you guys know what the rods that axial sells are for, they come in all different lengths. I seen them on the great hobbies webpage but they don't give a description as to their usage.

Try downloading the instruction manual for the particular rig you're interested in. They have the parts labelled as to what they are and the various sizes of the rods.

Back