Wpl truck fans

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hey for all you wpl fans you can get a larger set of tires for you truck for 15.00 on amazon that will fit on the stock rims and has plenty of grip for crawling. There made for a different truck but works great.
Screenshot_20210227-164037.png

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_163508987.jpg
    IMG_20210227_163508987.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 58
Hey I'm still looking for a grill for the front of mine if any body has one there willing to let go. One like this mine had a accident so I need a replacement. Black if possible. Thanks

Attachments

• 16144625174947410437739529647844.jpg
    16144625174947410437739529647844.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 61
Hey I'm still looking for a grill for the front of mine if any body has one there willing to let go. One like this mine had a accident so I need a replacement. Black if possible. Thanks
I know I'm hella late to this, but if you look up WPL parts on shapeways, you can find like three different realistic looking grills.

I know I'm hella late to this, but if you look up WPL parts on shapeways, you can find like three different realistic looking grills.
Yea alittle late but I am still glad you took the time to answer. I have right now 2 wpl military truck builds going on so I am going straight to the site after this to check them out. Do you own a military truck? Anyway thank that is really awesome. I just found out that wpl opened there own site now also so you don't have to go through amazon or where ever to get trucks or parts anymore. Ok well you have a good day.

Yes sir I own a WPL B16 that I'm in the process of converting into a 1942 GMC DUKW. I put JJRC Q65 willy jeep wheels on it to give it that authentic DUKW tire look. right now everything has to go and be upgraded to metal. anyway. you.re very welcome for the help. I was glad I ran across that site myself. hope those other two truck builds turn out great.

Forgot to mention that I have a JJRC Q60 that I was in the middle of working on but gave up because the 130 motor I bought was for a slot car and it was so hopped up, it cooked the board and fried the wiring on the power switch, all stock electronics btw. My JJRC Q60 has traxis 1/16 scale racing slicks but needs 5mm to 12 mm adaptors. its painted white with a number 4 on the sides and passenger windshield and I did a custom roll bar (Not a full cage) in the interior of the truck made out of the inner tubing of Papermate mechanical pencils. I put it on a JJRC Q65 frame since it was already enameled black from the factory,. I wish there was some WPL/JJRC Guru on here, but through combine knowledge, the WPL forums would be strong and bristling with activity.

I owned an HB P1801 in 2017. It was probably the best toy grade RC I owned. It was definitely not a 100 powered unlike the other ones I have tried such as the Maisto rock crawlers.
Screenshot_20210613-090056_Google.jpg

I owned an HB P1801 in 2017. It was probably the best toy grade RC I owned. It was definitely not a 100 powered unlike the other ones I have tried such as the Maisto rock crawlers.View attachment 128084
I still have parts from mine and il thinking on making a hobby grade rc but wonting to use the motor on axles from this buggy. If possible I would like to go with a bigger motor on each even if I have to modify bit duel motors should make it go where I won't and no drive shafts to bind up I can make it really flex. I don't know it could be stupid but I plan on finding out. I'll post photos.

Yea alittle late but I am still glad you took the time to answer. I have right now 2 wpl military truck builds going on so I am going straight to the site after this to check them out. Do you own a military truck? Anyway thank that is really awesome. I just found out that wpl opened there own site now also so you don't have to go through amazon or where ever to get trucks or parts anymore. Ok well you have a good day.
If you won't wpl parts they now have there own site to do so. Sorry I don't have the link but you can Google it.

Hey for all you wpl fans you can get a larger set of tires for you truck for 15.00 on amazon that will fit on the stock rims and has plenty of grip for crawling. There made for a different truck but works great.View attachment 125761
If you have no idea what to do with the stock rubbers and rim's, thumb tacks fit perfectly inside the wheel, careful tho, it's a bit pricky getting them on, not the brass ends tho, the plastic holding tacks help keep them straight inside the rim great for icy conditions