WPL C14 - Old Project Back From the Storage Bin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the whole design. The axles in this aren't the ones I eventually went with, and I am not doing the 4-wheel steer now, but the option is there if I change my mind.
20210724_215442.jpg

20210724_215509.jpg

20210724_215522.jpg

@WickedFog
I have got to get my head back in the game, and get the 3d printer hooked up, and figured out . I have ideas. :)

You sir are a good inspiration. :thumbs-up:
Well I'm glad I could inspire. Hit me up if you need help.

I have most of it set up, need to put the auto leveler on it and set up the software. I am down to the little bits and last steps. Real life got in the way, and I haven't been able to get my motivation back. I'm getting close though. ;)

I have most of it set up, need to put the auto leveler on it and set up the software. I am down to the little bits and last steps. Real life got in the way, and I haven't been able to get my motivation back. I'm getting close though. ;)
I never had a desire to use an auto leveler. Let me know how that works. I have heard good and bad about them.

I never had a desire to use an auto leveler. Let me know how that works. I have heard good and bad about them.
I have heard good and bad too. I think it depends on which machine you are using. I did level my printer manually before I got derailed.

It sucks waiting on paint to dry! Only have 2 coats on the rails so far. I happened to have some Rustoleum Key Lime Green that is an identical shade, so I thought I would try that. It dries super slow, even with light coats. Going back to the acrylic next.

Here's my C24 (number 2) that has been waiting for over 6mo for it's 2nd coat of paint.
View attachment 130119
Love that blue!!!

I think the paint has cured enough now. Scuff and spray. Are you going to be putting any stripes on that?

Love that blue!!!

I think the paint has cured enough now. Scuff and spray. Are you going to be putting any stripes on that?
Nope, too lazy! 🤣

Actually, I will make stripings out of trimmed electrical tape, like I did with the white, rtr one. Also, paint the flares.
Expected time of completion is probably 2026 😁
1206201012_HDR.jpg

Expected time of completion is probably 2026 😁
Bro, Thats the way I feel about all of my projects 🤣 🤣 🤣

I swore I was gonna get my high current discahrger built this weekend but.... Nope! I barely did anything to it. Always next week I guess 🤷‍♂️

Those are all Faskolor Faspearls. Green, blue, white. They look a lot better when they aren't covered by 2 year's worth of dust. I still have 3 other WPL rigs. One is a 1/14 semi with a 3d printed flatbed trailer, printed rear fenders, dually wheels, and 5th wheel. It will be the hauler for this eventually maybe 😉

These pics show the original wheels and the single wheel fenders. Trailer frame is 100% 3d printed.
View attachment 129984
View attachment 129985
View attachment 129987

Maybe I can talk @Doom! Into doing me up some racing number decals for it. It needs a big 33 with a yellow or orange outline on the hood and doors 🤗
Man that is one sexy ass wagon mate, loving that!!!

Man that is one sexy ass wagon mate, loving that!!!
Thank you. I have a couple more orojects to tackle then I am putting this all together. The new 3d printed frame rails are done. Just need to print a new electronics tray and assemble everything now.

Back