Wpl B-24 receiver board question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balcocuk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hello everyone. i want to ask a question

is it possible to find real XX-170R (original B-24 receiver board) on internet? i ordered from aliexpress this board but sellers sent always different board.

maybe different receiver board compatible with XX-170R same chips?

anyone knows??

No clue, I'm not familiar with the WLToys brand. Anything you order off of Aliexpress is going to be a chinese clone. It might work. then again, it might not.

No clue, I'm not familiar with the WLToys brand. Anything you order off of Aliexpress is going to be a chinese clone. It might work. then again, it might not.
Exactly. I bought 4 or 5 of the recommended 20A-30A esc's and they all fried within minutes. I ended up going with a Hobbywing EZRun esc. Works much better.

But he is referring to the stock electronics board that has everything built into it.

The XX-170 is the non-proportional board. Meaning when you give it throttle, it just goes full speed. Same with steering. It is all or nothing.

If you got the XX-162R it is the better board as it has proportional steering and throttle.
Screenshot_20210701-224149_Chrome.jpg

If you did get the 162 board, you will need to buy a micro servo. Search ebay or Amazon for WPL servo and you will find one cheap. Like this one...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087JP21MW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_JC0BZ4GX21JQGEZ1KME2

The better option would be to throw that board in the trash and buy a Hobbywing EZRun esc, the servo above, and get away from the toy grade setup.

Last edited:
Exactly. I bought 4 or 5 of the recommended 20A-30A esc's and they all fried within minutes. I ended up going with a Hobbywing EZRun esc. Works much better.

But he is referring to the stock electronics board that has everything built into it.

The XX-170 is the non-proportional board. Meaning when you give it throttle, it just goes full speed. Same with steering. It is all or nothing.

If you got the XX-162R it is the better board as it has proportional steering and throttle.
View attachment 128804

If you did get the 162 board, you will need to buy a micro servo. Search ebay or Amazon for WPL servo and you will find one cheap. Like this one...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087JP21MW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_JC0BZ4GX21JQGEZ1KME2

The better option would be to throw that board in the trash and buy a Hobbywing EZRun esc, the servo above, and get away from the toy grade setup.
thanks for information. i want to know one more information;

my receiver board has 2 burned integred chips (code: YX75V18) https://www.ebay.com/itm/2338345597...rentrq:6542bc6217a0a765a1077fdeffe84f31|iid:1

20210702_062938.jpg

is it good idea? only buy this chip and replace with burned? or not?

20210702_103150.jpg

this is my burned chip board. please advice me, what can i do? YX75V18 integreted chip on ebay works fine?

You might find a board on a used rc on the internet..but you never know what your gonna get good bad or just fried....

View attachment 128813

this is my burned chip board. please advice me, what can i do? YX75V18 integreted chip on ebay works fine?
Youd have to have the exact part number of those ICUs and buy identical ICUs and the surface mount solder them to the board. doesn't look to me like theres anything printed on those ICUs at all. Typical for Chinesium.

@balcocuk - If you get on Facebook and join the group "WPL RC Official Group" there are probably a lot of people on there with the board you have that has been yanked out of their vehicle. Like I said, almost everyone just tosses that board and goes with all new electronics. If you contact Edward Chew on there, he is the official english speaking voice for WPL. He is a great guy and he will help you for sure. I am an admin for the group as well. So go join the group and send me a PM here with your name and I will approve you and put you in touch with him.

Sorry I didn't mention this sooner, but I didn't really understand what you are trying to do. WPL is a great RC company when it comes to taking care of their customers. You can also buy parts from the official site at www.wpl-rc.com

@balcocuk - If you get on Facebook and join the group "WPL RC Official Group" there are probably a lot of people on there with the board you have that has been yanked out of their vehicle. Like I said, almost everyone just tosses that board and goes with all new electronics. If you contact Edward Chew on there, he is the official english speaking voice for WPL. He is a great guy and he will help you for sure. I am an admin for the group as well. So go join the group and send me a PM here with your name and I will approve you and put you in touch with him.

Sorry I didn't mention this sooner, but I didn't really understand what you are trying to do. WPL is a great RC company when it comes to taking care of their customers. You can also buy parts from the official site at www.wpl-rc.com
thanks a lot)) i will send pm thanks again

Back