working on Atari Lynx 2 LCD mcwill mod !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I'm planning on installing to mcwill kit for the Atari lynx.

The problem is I got to wait till next week and console 5 have 18 left.

Here's what I did to prep up I remove all the necessary components that the instructions said to remove.
The Atari Lynx to that you see picture originally was modified with a different LCD screen kit.

I removed this kit because it wasn't capable of doing VGA. But that was the one kit that I removed at the original seller pet sold to me.

I am wanting to upgrade the system to a mcwill.

This is just me prepping up.

The actual mind from my studies is not as hard as game gears.

If you ever had a Sega Game Gear mod or dealt with one you know what I'm talkin about.

Attachments

• IMG_20210729_232419_1.jpg
    IMG_20210729_232419_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20210729_232459_5.jpg
    IMG_20210729_232459_5.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210729_232506_5.jpg
    IMG_20210729_232506_5.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20210729_232434_7.jpg
    IMG_20210729_232434_7.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 76
  • mcwill_lynx_ii.jpg
    mcwill_lynx_ii.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 79
I've worked on these before, very temperamental system. And sadly very few games worth while to play on it.

Otherwise, an amazing collector's item.

Good luck! 👍🏼

I've worked on these before, very temperamental system. And sadly very few games worth while to play on it.

Otherwise, an amazing collector's item.

Good luck! 👍🏼
Actually there's a lot of good games for this system that I got.

Often just like the Game Gear the Atari Lynx was the system that didn't see as much and the market as far as people attention.

But I just learned about the system around September. And I just had to get one.
To be honest I think it started links needed to have VGA which is why I'm buying the other kit.
This system I bought it was already Modified by someone but they did not use mcwill. This was a different kit that they use And it's called BennVenn kit.

Atari Lynx to be honest but actually look great on television or on a monitor.

I just need to get that kit and then I will be all set to go. Downside about this is that the ribbon cables are weak. Luckily Retro 6 just released atari Lynx replacement. So like the membranes on the Atari Lynx two systems sometimes they just don't be like they were when they came out or years back.

But I could tell you I got about maybe 15 or 20 of these games. There are people today they're making homemade games for the system.

I used to find the system odd when I saw it at a game store. I'm like who in the world would play with this? Then I did a search on YouTube and found out the games were kind of interesting. I was so impressed how powerful the system is it's like a Super Nintendo in a handheld or Genesis sort of.

I have a YouTube channel and I'm hoping possibly if I can get myself settled if I can download an emulator and stream some of the games I got.

But my only worrying is getting this thing before it sold out because people buy these fast. It was like 30 something before now went down at 18 left.

I really hope I can get it before it comes out of stock. So I don't want to wait for No 6 months or more and you know. Thank you for your compliments.

I want to try to do a video on this upgrade when I can.