Wl toys 14001 need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunters09

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I need help. I just upgraded my wltoys 14001 rc car to a brushless motor kit and it’s not responding correctly. Ok I replaced motor, esc, servo, and receiver. Thought everything was going to work out smooth until testing when I noticed the steering is actually working as the accelerator and the accelerator trigger does nothing. And I have no steering. So I am lost what in the world did I do wrong??? Any pointers on how to get this fixed would be greatly appreciated. Picture below is the kit I am using.

Attachments

• 25B7BDE0-50A0-4987-804C-03E4694193A7.jpeg
    25B7BDE0-50A0-4987-804C-03E4694193A7.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 103
Steering is channel one which would be the first bank on the receiver. Start with that and let us know.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the cables in the correct ports on the receiver? Steering goes in channel 1. Throttle goes in channel 2. And the wires from the steering servo and ESC are either white, red, and black, or yellow, orange, and brown. Some can be blue red and black. The white, or yellow, or blue wire is the signal wire, and typically plugs in towards the inside of the receiver. Are yours installed correctly?

The first thing you should do after you verify that is rebind the radio and receiver. After that, calibrate the ESC. Not being familiar with that radio and ESC, I can't help you, and being a Chinese brand, so check the manual. It's probably written in some form of broken chingrish. See if you can figure it out. Maybe there is a video on YT.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the cables in the correct ports on the receiver? Steering goes in channel 1. Throttle goes in channel 2. And the wires from the steering servo and ESC are either white, red, and black, or yellow, orange, and brown. Some can be blue red and black. The white, or yellow, or blue wire is the signal wire, and typically plugs in towards the inside of the receiver. Are yours installed correctly?

The first thing you should do after you verify that is rebind the radio and receiver. After that, calibrate the ESC. Not being familiar with that radio and ESC, I can't help you, and being a Chinese brand, it's probably written in some form of broken chingrish. See if you can figure it out. Maybe there is a video on YT.
I got the throttle to work now the servo isn’t working and I put in ch1
I love it when a plan comes together, now go out and have some fun. Glad you got it working.
Well now the steering isn’t working and I put in ch1do you know any ways to fix it ?

Back