Windows 10 taskbar....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
My task bar drives me nuts, it never goes away. How can I get it to hide? I try clicking on it, off of it, pull it down, nothing changes.

Have you tried to right-click on it and remove the check mark from "Lock Taskbar"?

@hamz9561 Yep I have. I have Auto Hide checked too but it doesn't hide.

thanks Hamz I'll read through them. I have auto hide checked, it just doesn't work haha.

1. Uninstall Windows 10
2. Install Windows 7
:D

That should fix most any issue you have Lloyd. Windows 10 and server 2012 are both garbage, but at least they're not Windows 8! That should be their marketing campaign.

One of the articles said that an app may be causing your taskbar to hang up. And it will do it in WIndows 7, too, @HPIguy guy...

1. Uninstall Windows 10
2. Install Windows 7
:D

That should fix most any issue you have Lloyd. Windows 10 and server 2012 are both garbage, but at least they're not Windows 8! That should be their marketing campaign.
I've actually been playing more with Antergos, which I just installed in a VirtualBox. Also going to give Manjaro and Arch a spin as well. So far I'm really liking what I see.

I know how to fix all of your Windows problems. Get a Mac. :thumbs-up:

I know how to fix all of your Windows problems. Get a Mac. :thumbs-up:
Actually run Linux, then you don't have to spend the double price premium on those fruit computer parts. Besides OS-X is based on Linux and UNIX.

Actually run Linux, then you don't have to spend the double price premium on those fruit computer parts. Besides OS-X is based on Linux and UNIX.
I really like Ubuntu for a home desktop flavor of Linux.

Last time I messed with Linux it was a game of find your own drivers. I know it's gotten better, but how much I'm not sure. As far as Apple stuff being overpriced, it's no different than buying a high end build Windows machine, at least in the laptop / ultrabook market. I'm not a desktop guy so I can't say there.

Last time I messed with Linux it was a game of find your own drivers. I know it's gotten better, but how much I'm not sure. As far as Apple stuff being overpriced, it's no different than buying a high end build Windows machine, at least in the laptop / ultrabook market. I'm not a desktop guy so I can't say there.

I can't speak to every Linux distro, but when I last messed with Ubuntu 14.04 I never had a driver issue. I just booted to it and everything worked. That was on a Dell XPS laptop.

Somewhat amusing how a "windows 10" issue always turns into a "get a mac or linux" thread.

I have mac's at work and every time I'm on them, I want to set fire to them. I've also tried ubunto on a thumb drive or vm. Didn't care for it either. I prefer windows, as do many people.

I have W10 on all 4 of my home machines and don't have any issues. For those of you that have windows 7+ but liked the feel of old XP, try out ClassicShell. It will let you adjust many of the things in 7/8.1/10 to be more familiar like XP or 7. Honestly though, I've shut most of the settings off or put the back to normal since I have to work on windows machines at the office.

Somewhat amusing how a "windows 10" issue always turns into a "get a mac or linux" thread.

I have mac's at work and every time I'm on them, I want to set fire to them. I've also tried ubunto on a thumb drive or vm. Didn't care for it either. I prefer windows, as do many people.

I have W10 on all 4 of my home machines and don't have any issues. For those of you that have windows 7+ but liked the feel of old XP, try out ClassicShell. It will let you adjust many of the things in 7/8.1/10 to be more familiar like XP or 7. Honestly though, I've shut most of the settings off or put the back to normal since I have to work on windows machines at the office.

For work I have to use both Windows (7/10) and RedHat Enterprise Linux (text only, no GUI). As for at home, I run Windows 10. I was dual booting Ubuntu for a while, but went back to strictly Windows. I don't have much Apple experience, but I know all the people here at work that run them have a Windows VM installed on them just to do their work. I don't see the point in running a Mac if you have to run Windows on it as well other than the longer battery life.

I'd encourage people to experiment as it sounds like you've done, but I'd ultimately recommend they use what works best for them. I think they all have their place, but I won't tell people "Windows sucks buy a Mac (or get Linux)". Or any other variation of that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought about making my media server ubunto, but then it's MB died and I replaced it with my old main pc which was twice as powerful... so never bothered to mess with it. If I had an old tired pc, I'd play around with it again.

Yeah, I thought about making my media server ubunto, but then it's MB died and I replaced it with my old main pc which was twice as powerful... so never bothered to mess with it. If I had an old tired pc, I'd play around with it again.

You can pick up a Raspberry Pi for pretty cheap, and they're perfect for Linux.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/

Mac OS hates me. Every time I get near a Mac, it gives me the bomb (The older MacOS equivalent of the BSOD). I have run Linux and Chromium and aren't bothered by either. Chromium is a tight OS that works well. The only limitations are that there weren't a lot of Apps for it and some of the apps need full-time internet connectivity. The app store is being populated from the Android Play store so that isn't as much of an issue now.