winch operation voltage question TRX4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpittman89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, just purchased the Xeon 1/8 scale warn winch and the warn controller with receiver for my trx4 blazer, the battery i have is a 3S 11.1V 5000mha Traxxas battery. Even though the winch and receiver say they can run on anything between 6V - 11.1V I have heard of people frying the winch receiver with these battery's as its not uncommon for them to exceed 11.1V when fully charged. So that being said the only BEC's I could find step the voltage down to only 5V. I know all about the adjustable castle creations BEC's but can't find them in stock anywhere.

Question is do you think the winch and controller will work for me on 5V just in the meantime until i can get a better suited BEC?

Thanks

you can run a battery direct to the wench but use the signal wire to your radios receiver. 5 volts should work not sure how many amps it will need as for your 3 cell lipo they come of charger at 12.6 .I'm no crawler ..as voltage goes down amps goes up...a small 2 cell lipo should give you enough power..

you can run a battery direct to the wench but use the signal wire to your radios receiver. 5 volts should work not sure how many amps it will need as for your 3 cell lipo they come of charger at 12.6 .I'm no crawler ..as voltage goes down amps goes up...a small 2 cell lipo should give you enough power..
I was hoping to stay away from having multiple batteries in the truck, I may try the 5V bec and see what happens I may have to wait until i can find an adjustable bec. Thanks