Will this work on my SCX24 C10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy crawler

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings,
I’m new to RC’s and I am looking for a bit of advice. I’m waiting for my SCX24 C10 to arrive and while doing so I’ve gone mad and filled up my EBay cart with the goods. Can anyone tell me if the wheels, tires ,axles and hex’s will work well on my C10? I’m not sure if this is a worth while upgrade or am I about to blow it big time. Does anyone know if I’ll need to trim my body,hoping not too by adding the extension’s? Also is there anything I’m missing to make this work? Will the wider stance even help at all? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guy’s!

Attachments

• 27B1A57D-2139-4AF5-95E6-1FBF4392FAEA.png
    27B1A57D-2139-4AF5-95E6-1FBF4392FAEA.png
    418.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 3B035D6D-F4F0-4E96-BB00-A11D60398BC8.png
    3B035D6D-F4F0-4E96-BB00-A11D60398BC8.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I think the mudslingers will require a bit of body trimming. They are some of the tallest tires. The wheels and such should be fine as far as I know.

I think the mudslingers will require a bit of body trimming. They are some of the tallest tires. The wheels and such should be
I think the mudslingers will require a bit of body trimming. They are some of the tallest tires. The wheels and such should be fine as far as I know.
Do you think the wider axels are worthwhile ? I’m not sure I even need them at all.

I dont do the SCX24s myself but several guys in here are really in to them. I'm sure they can shed more light on this for you.

The Mud Slingers on a C10 are going to require quite a bit of trimming. The tires nearly hit the front bumper with just the stock tires. For the C10, you should probably go with the RC4WD Rock Creepers. They are a bit wider tire, but about the same diameter. Even with these though, expect to do a little trimming.

As far as those wheels, I looked at them, but have not seen any info other than that. The thing with the RC4WD tires is they are a little bigger diameter, so they may be loose on those wheels if they are stock diameter.

As far as the wider axles, I have not tried them. I opted for Treal +5mm brass hexes. Just know that doing a wider track will increase scrub steer, which is when the tires get drug around a bigger arc due to being farther out from the fulcrum of the spindle, vs just rotating on their contact patch. With these trucks having a locked diff and a worm gear, this will be a little harder on your servo. My stock servos are still doing ok though.

I just ordered a PowerHobby servo for mine to see if it will be a more direct replacement than the Emax servo everyone is using. The Emax one requires a different mount, and is quite a bit bigger than stock. Here is the one I ordered, but I'm not sure yet how it will fit. It is closer to stock size though, so🤞

Last edited:
Just a little trimming....
20210824_143649.jpg

And you'll need hub/axle extenders for slingers, too. They raise your center of gravity too much to run without a wider stance.

I'd recommend creepers or rock lox to start. They're pretty impressive for a small tire. And as already mentioned, the beads on the rc4wd tires might be too big for the ssd's. It's frustrating. My treals do pretty good with them, so hopefully your ssd's will too.

Servos seem to die pretty quickly on these. I stocked up on emax awhile back, and they worked longer than the stock one. I just mounted them with longer screws in the standard mount. Might need a little dremel tuning to clear wires.

I have a micro 99, but haven't put it in yet. It's kinda the big dog of micro servos.

Servos seem to die pretty quickly on these. I stocked up on emax awhile back, and they worked longer than the stock one. I just mounted them with longer screws in the standard mount. Might need a little dremel tuning to clear wires.

With just my 5mm extensions I can see the servo not lasting very long. But I noticed something about the servos on my two rigs. On the Deadbolt, if I manually turn the front wheels, the servo will turn. On the C10 the servo won't budge, and the servo saver just gives way. It's like the C10 servo is a lot harder to turn. But it works fine. Just got some extenders on it yesterday. Got some Creepers showing up in a couple days. Will probably order the black Wagon wheels for it too, but right now just going to run some I printed. I need to get some brass spindles next.

Last edited:
@Pat_ranch - I got my Rock Creepers. The Mud Slingers I got fit my 3D printed wheels just fine, but these Creepers seem to have a bigger bead diameter on them. What wheels have you tried with these Creepers that fit them good?

@Pat_ranch - I got my Rock Creepers. The Mud Slingers I got fit my 3D printed wheels just fine, but these Creepers seem to have a bigger bead diameter on them. What wheels have you tried with these Creepers that fit them good?
All the rc4wd wheels work, and the treals work pretty good. I've lost the bead a few times with the treals, but after re-torqueing them, they've held for awhile

Back