Will the center hole of 17mm wheel hexs fit on the axles of tge mgt 8,0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nscrracefan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Want to get beadlock wheels & the imex swamp dawg medium compound tires for the mgt 8.0. Wanting to know if 17mm hexs will slide on the stub axles of the mgt 8.0??? Not for sure what the diameter is of the stub axles.....or a certain offset so nothing will bind or rub.....All replies are appreciated!!!

Here is a start for you,So far all of the 17mm hex I've came across fit a 6mm shaft,I think the mgt uses a 6 but I'm not 100% sure

transmited from a mobile communications device

I am not sure ,but i think the 8.0 has 8mm shafts.But like I said I'm not sure.

You can use the 17mm hexes and wheel nuts from HPI savage X. They fit the MGT 8.0 with no problems. I have both and have tried and use the HPI hexes cause I didn't have a complete set of the larger MGT 23mm hex wheels.

Last edited:
The MGT uses 6mm axle's. But the hex pin is closer to the axle carrier than that of most trucks that run 6mm axles. You can modify a set of Ofna hubs to fit or even a set of Traxxas splined hubs to fit. If you want a direct fit Integy makes a set for the maxx series trucks that fit the MGT perfectly. Here is a link to a set on ebay. The HPI ones do fit but I would recommend a good splined set. I have stripped even the 17mm standard hexs.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l180/pict/191160191528_1.jpg

The Rival uses a 8mm axle. Pretty sure both MGT's use the same 6mm axles at least both of mine do.

Back