Will Revo 3.3 roll cage fit Slayer Pro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKRICH

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
anyone know if a roll cage for a revo3.3 will fit my slayer pro.
would appreciate any info you might have.

I believe that the Revo 3.3 and the Slayer pro share the same chassis so the roll cage should fit. As far as Integy goes, I would avoid anything they make for the most part. They have a bad reputation for shoddy parts that just look pretty.

The only issue you might have is body fitment. Most roll cages are built to fit under the truck style body vs the CORR style of the slayer.

Just get a NewEra 3-point roll bar and call it a day. That's what I run on my revo with a wing kit on the back and the roll bar raised about 3/4 of an inch with spacers. When the rig is on it's roof, the engine has a decent gap between the cooling head and the ground as it rests on the wing and roll bar.

I had to raise mine since I run a new era BB leaner kit. BB's are pretty tall and that kit makes them taller.

What about the RC solutions roll cage? It's a bit $$ @ $100, but looks solid.

check vg racing.com they might have something thats another place to check or rc roll cage city .com

That is one of the best roll cages on the market imo. They used to have a picture of a Suburban parked on top of a Savage with their roll cage installed on it on their website.

Like an actual 6klb truck?? Thats insane, it was hard for me to find in stock, but I ordered it last night. Do you know how the installation goes?

It is relatively easy to install and is really strong. And yeah, it was a real Suburban.

That's truly insane! I can't wait for it to arrive, I'm putting in a big block and want to protect my investment and feel this cage will offer some stability in that department.

Wich one was the best roll cage?? I got mine from roll cage city . Com.

I have a losi aftershock. And mine installed on were you put the plastic body frame on with support bars four lil screws in total two in front two in back real easy take 5 mins. Just go to vg racing.com or roll cage city. Good luck let me kno how it goes

Question - if you run a rollcage, does that replace the body shell entirely?

Sub-Question - if you run sans body shell, aren't you overly exposing the vehicle to dirt and such? While I realize that the shell by no means seals that stuff out, it does seem like it offers a fair bit of protection (at a low cost.)

If you can weld/braze...could always just make one yourself, and you'd know it would fit right since you'd be building it around your truck.

I made this a while ago just cause i was bored and someone wanted to see my cage making skills (use to build them for 1:1 drag cars). This was made entirely out of solder.. Zenoah 26cc crank next to it for size comparison.

2h2p3s5.jpg

qpgbvl.jpg

Soon as i find suitable front end steering parts, and rear end parts.. you'll be seeing a custom 1/5 scale tube chassis drag car built entirely by me :)

Last edited:
I wish I had those skills, your cage looks really nice. Now I want to hit up Harbor Freight and see what kind of welding rigs they have.

I wish I had those skills, your cage looks really nice. Now I want to hit up Harbor Freight and see what kind of welding rigs they have.

Not hard to do. When making a cage.. you just gotta know what points and where that make for a strong cage. There is alot of information on how to build cages on the web.

Even with that cage only being solder.. i have put a 20lb weight on top of it, and it did not budge at all. Pretty much the same design that has saved many lives of guys crashing prostock cars at 200+mph.

thanks for info.
funny thing is i actually own a welding bussiness
had thought bout making my own just dont have time right now
if i decide to ill post pics

I can still put my pastic body on my truck with my roll cage it fits perfect real nice its snug all over body. Remember i got mine from roll cage city.com

If i knew how to post pics or whatever i would show you guys

i tryed a rollcage on a jato. it put so much weight high up it handled like a pig. edit: i forgot my roll cage is for a jato. sorry for the mix up.

Last edited:
What was it made out of? I made a roll bar to help protect the rear tower and engine on mine out of 1/4" cold rolled steel. Didn't really notice much of a handling difference other than landing jumps, it bottomed out harder. Thicker oil and heavier springs helped that though.

mine was hdz? 3/16 steel. if you want one send me your street address. but its missing some pts, like screws [email protected] edit: my roll cage is for a jato, sorry for the mix up

Last edited: