Will JB Weld work on a small metal part

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitrofan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I found the problem with my Roto Start. There is a tapered output shaft that comes out of the electric motor inside the roto start. That shaft where the pinon sits broke. I am thinking of using some JB Weld on it to try to fix it. Anyone tried it on anything small like that??? Thanks for any help. Later

Never know until you try. What else are you going to do with it throw it away?

Let us know...

-Ed

Well I started the process with the JB Weld. I guess much like the truck I had to rebuild the roto start. It had this switch on it that didn't move. It wasn't the stock one at all. So I went to the hardware store and got me some JB Weld and a new switch. All being said it cost me $5.00 not bad since Tower wants $28.99 plus shipping for a new motor and switch. This also really might be a good how to. No I can't just throw it away the motor actuates and the case to the roto start is still good. I dunno I hope this works out. I'll let you guys know. Yeah I sacrificed my old NIKKO R/C truck to try to pull the motor out of it in there. HEHE I took the dremel to it. It's kinda like toast now. :microwave
Actually felt good to destroy somethin since I had so much frustration in not being able to use my savage at all. Later

Last edited:
I sacraficed my Nikko rc also on the fourth of July.
Taped a pineapple,(1/4 stick of dynamite) to it and sent it on its way.
if anyone was wondering, it did not come back.

OK so if anyone is interested in trying JB Weld to fix a small output shaft of a nitro motor well don't try it. It was a great idea to try however it won't work at all. Of course i TOTALLY may not have done it right. I've honestly not worked with JB weld before. Later

My shaft off mine broke also So i took a only rc car motor and droped it in. lol

Yeah I sacrificed my old NIKKO R/C to see if it would work but it doesn't honestly look like it will at all. How did you do it??

Back