Wide open throttle problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4x4

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was trying to tune my maxx the other day and at wide open throttle it would shut off right away. I tried to tune it but its so hard to tune, I can't get anything right lol.

i am not quite sure what the issue is but for those that know will want your settings and temp if you can get it.

If it was cutting straight out, it's probably too lean. If it idles and stays running at lower rpms, leave the lsn alone for now and put your hsn back to factory setting(4 turns out from closed), get it up to operating temp and retune 'er. An hour at a time. Don't crank too hard on the needle, just close it. Get a temp gun as soon as you can.

yeah the one i have is screwed up like the temp is too off. Two more question since you guys said temp gun what the best cheapst one you can buy? second whats the stock setting for the idle screw

just for future reference the traxxas web page has all the factory settings and tuning guides available . the settings are 4 turns out for the hsn, for the lsn there is a inner lip on the control arm and the screw should be flush with it, on the idle it depends on your area and conditions and you set it after the hsn and lsn to the lowest rpms you can with out the engine dying. and the idle gap between the slide and carb body should be about the thickness of a credit card. if you can could you give us some more info on your truck like which engine, pipe, fuel, and what kind of conditions you are running in.

Last edited:
umm 70 outside, trx 3.3, the traxxas pipe chrome one (forgot the name) and Monster Trinity fuel 20%. Its a T Maxx 4908

how much fuel have you run through the engine? after it cuts out does it restart easily or do you have to wait a bit to start it