wide maxx conversion on old tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckid91

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i just got done converting my old pro.15 chassis to the new 3.3 suspension and damn it added up alot faster then i thought i was told all you needed were arms turnbuckles and driveshafts well i alos had to buy revo steering blocks and bearings and now I'm starting to woner if my shocks are even right

so beware any1 looking to do this it cost my about 115 for the rear end alone after i get the fornt i should have bought the dang 3.3

any1 else have this problem with theres??

it is usually cheaper to buy new. I have over a grand in mine. I just wanted it to be my own rig, not like everybody elses. But it adds up quick.

you should have asked if anyone had any old arms and such from there wide max trucks that they replaced when they upgraded. I know I would give them to someone in need as would many other people, and many people would sell them REALLY cheap.

Counting the cost to convert my .15 to a 2.5r and the 3.3 wide I only have $120 into it (counting the cost of the used 2.5r motor which is like brand new). Everything I used for the whole swap was used and paid next to nothing for it or someone gave it to me free as long as I paid for shipping. You have to do alot of searching to save money. I also just got a good set of piggyback shocks and integy aluminum shock towers for a total of $50. It may take more time to get good parts for the right price but in the end you save alot of $$$.

bob are you using new stock arms to replace the old ones with?
you can get ALL the RPM arms and Steering and towers on fleabay usually for 60.....
for 115 you hould be able to get some CVDs instead of the plastic axles (although the new 3.3 axles are pretty tough).....

prices have gone up a bit...I guess the 3.3 maxx drove all the parts that were going to be outdated back up.....

here's arms and skids
http://cgi.ebay.com/T-MAXX-RPM-BLUE...ryZ44028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

keep an eye out for deals like this one too
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-line-CVD-se...ryZ44028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you have to really look for stuff if you want to save money in this hobby...I try to get people to support their LHS as much as possible but I understadn the cost of these things is a bit ridiculous sometimes......

What do you still need to complete your conversion now?
I might have some parts for you pretty cheap....

Last edited:
i got the rear end done i bought my arms from twocane he hooked me up for next to nothing but i was told driveshafts and turnbuckles then i needed ball ends for shocks and turnbucles and revo steering blocks and bearings

and i have arms for up front need turnbuckles steering blocks and bearings

anybody with any parts for a 3.3 let me know. doing the same upgrade as bob and the cheaper the better.

Last edited:
I have some 3.3 chassas braces I need gone if you need them, the gray ones.

nah my chassis braces are in good shape

Well i am glad i read this i was thinking of doing the same thing to mine. I think ill just put my money into a really good engine instead now. Maybe some better shocks if any come up.

yeah its really nice to do but it makes the poor mt look like a truggy

makes em handle better en such