Why is the ESC on my new Mojave 6S V.2 making a weird noise and acting strange with each start up.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I just unboxed a new Mojave 6S V.2, and performed the SR315 Binding SLT Protocol (shown on page 11 of the manual. ) I turned on the ESC, pressed the bind button 3 times , the receiver showed a solid orange light, then I set the trim controls, and turned on the radio. The transmitter could now control the throttle and steering.

HERE"S THE THE PROBLEM: Now every time I turn on the transmitter, and the vehicle, the ESC blinks green 7 times, while the motor rotates 7 times - while the ESC buzzes continuously. - It sounds like radio static transmitting morse code, and It's not the ESC fan making the noise.

. . . . . I don't remember my old Mojave V.1 making this noise or blinking green 7 times, while the motor rotated 7 times. What could I be doing wrong?

Like HPIguy said Id try and calibrate it and see if the ESC will go in to calibration mode. The manual says nothing about 7 blinks. Then again it doesn't say anything about 2 blinks either but I had that problem on one of their 150A ESCs. Turns out those spektrum 150s dont like being powered up on 2S lipo.

when you bind/re-bind you should also calibrate it, the 7 beeps you are hearing is the cell count (6 cell), and then the final beep of the ESC confirming the count. the BLX185s dont beep for cell count, or at least the ones I've experienced do not.

calibrate esc correctly. sounds like D3mon has said.

After a few more attempts to calibrate the Mojave . . . the ESC started smoking. I shut it down, boxed it up and sent it back to Amazon.com. I'm going to get a Krayton 6S V5 as a replacement.