Why is my rc dog tracking and y is it driving on its own

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corbin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
581F4D75-C06F-4483-B47A-631C89B92EBA.jpeg
I don’t know how to post videos but my traxxas rustler 4x4 is having a toe in problem it’s dog tracking like crazy and also y in the world is it driving on its own i have a tq remote and the shop said all my electronics were good

Get rid of those cheap plastic camber and replace with an adjustable one is where I would stsrt.

its not going to drive straight until you have wheels at a the same toe rt to left and a exact toe camber on rear.. I see all 4 wheels having different toe and camber

Is this a zip tie holding your rear arm on???
Screenshot_20211128-171616_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
no that’s for the bumper any ideas y it’s driving on its own now i don’t have a throttle trim btw

Your radio doesn't have a throttle trim?? Never seen that before... um... ever.

Calibrate your ESC. Look in the manual for your truck on how to do that.

no that’s for the bumper any ideas y it’s driving on its own now i don’t have a throttle trim btw
Check the bearings. If they have slop, it will transfer.

Another is where the plastic cambers connect, a loose screw or an overly used screw hole can cause play. A nut may help if that the case.

I'm curious if your shock shafts are bent, or if the bottom holding part fell off?

Was it taken apart? If it was, is it possible the arms, caster blocks, or stub axle holders were put on the wrong end or side?

I was also thinking this could be a possibility.
I got a traxxas summit and slash 1/16, and a few sets of other 1/16 arms. Stripped it down to a kit to rebuild and had a headache trying to figure it out. Everytime I pull up traxxas exploded views.

Check the bearings. If they have slop, it will transfer.

Another is where the plastic cambers connect, a loose screw or an overly used screw hole can cause play. A nut may help if that the case.

I'm curious if your shock shafts are bent, or if the bottom holding part fell off?

Was it taken apart? If it was, is it possible the arms, caster blocks, or stub axle holders were put on the wrong end or side?
i’ll bring it to the shop
that’s mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 20
i’ll bring it to the shop
that’s mine
I recommend upgrading it from the stock TX/RX, there are some pretty good ones for under $50.

Back