Why don't they make stronger bodies.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakey0818

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have 2-2wd Stampedes,a slash 4x4,a elect rustler and all the bodies are destroyed.I have tried the shoo goop and mesh tape,spray bed liner with metal washers glued in,metal plates on posts with Velcro,just Velcro and nothing seems that good.All the bodies constantly break or the posts drive right through.I am not a fan on how to attach them with cotter pins either.Is there any thick plastic bodies or maybe fiberglass ones out there.There has to be a better way to attach the bodies or a more durable body out there.I'm bashing but I'm not going more than 4-5 feet up in the air and landing upside down or flipping on cement,lol.

Ready to Run bodies are usually made with cheap, thin lexan that will crack with the first flip. Proline makes a thicker lexan body that will hold up better, but a good roll cage will also aid in the life span of your body. Learning to land the rig on all four wheels might also help. :hehe:

i saw a guy on ebay a while ago that made some really really strong bodies. they would bend and pop in and out but they would just pop back out again. can't remember what they were made out of, but they tested them and put a video on the page of a car driving over a body and flattening it then they just popped it back out and it was all good again. they wanted like $100+ for it and there would be a point at where it would break. but its one of those things you need to toss up.

If they made stronger bodies, they wouldn't make any money. If they made stronger a-arms, they wouldn't make any money. If they made stronger _____, they wouldn't make any money.

Hobby grade RCs are sold at about 1/2 to 3/4 the MSRP. They make their money off of parts, not vehicles...

I have heard of guys spraying armor guard on the inside of the there bodies to make them indestructible. The same stuff that is used on a truck box liner. I think it adds a lot of weight.

i just look at it as an excuse to paint another body, and i also have real good luck with the stock revo body.

Proline and HPI aftermarket bodies are alot stronger and thicker then the stock traxxas bodies by far. I've got a desert rat proline body on my revo and as much as i beat the heck out of it. I havnt broken it anywhere yet. Everytime my dad hits or flips over something with his stock replacement body on the tmaxx it rips or tears or crushes a corner in on it somewhere.

they dont however i do i take the uncut molds and make my own using it as a mold for fiberglass i lay fiberglass inside let it cure and pop it out cut it out paint it lock in plastic windows and poof fiberglass car as it may be stronger its also more dorable to break when rolled at high speeds i must say it look awsome thow lol i can make you one but caust is much greater than the plastic bodys and i only would advise it for on road cars (being they roll less and jump less)

I think your bodies busting all up has something to do with jumping 4-5 feet up in the air and landing upside down or flipping on cement. They probably didn't design your RC's to withstand doing that without some damage resulting.

Too thick, and the heat cannot dissipate out of the shell, trapping all the headpt inside the car thus ruining expensive electronics, batteries, motors, and engines. The bodies also are made to give as to absorb most of the shock from a bad landing and not sending all of that energy into the more crucial and expensive drive line parts. Also if they were made out of materials suck as fiberglass, the weight would be extremely high, and not good for anything else on the car.