Why doesn't the small hobbie shops where I live carry any Revo hopups?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterbeavis

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
One can "order" them, the other says they don't have enough volume to get stuff when it comes out, so its been on permanent backorder. How am I supposed to support small local LHS when they dont have jack poop in stock when I go in there with money burning a hole in my pocket?

Support your LHS as much as you can and then if that options runs out, then mave on to the ONLINE ordering. I do the same now but I will find an occasional deal here like RushRC and others.

did you buy your revo from that same local hobby store? just curious, i dont mind supporting my LHS, but when it came time to purchase the revo, i couldn't justify spending $50-$60 more than buying from the 'net. i gave them the opportunity to get my business, told them that i would pay their price if they threw in the starter battery pack, charger and some fuel but they wouldn't budge. but at least they do carry most of the parts i need for it so i will buy from them when the necessity arises.

I usually just ask my LHS to order the stuff I am looking for.

one shop I dont particularly care for, they dont carry anything at all except stock stuff (they dont like overhead it seems) and the one I like going to is 2 hours away. there is a few big ones close to where I work, I might pay them a visit... Yes I did buy my revo from the LHS that is too far away for me to go to (when I lived down the street from there) I paid full boat for it, before the price came down below $500. I had to chew them down from whatever it went for (like $560 or something) to something reasonable, I used to spend alot of money with them.. (I miss being able to buy stuff at their cost.. :(( )

my lhs carry's nothing it sucks. But i have a hobbytown not to far fro where i live.