Why can't printing bodies be easier? Arghh

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJC_GUY

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So I started down this road of printing a CJ7 body and I've downloaded a couple other "ready to print" body files.

What I don't get is when people are slicing up the body to optimize printing why they don't add any sort of fixed attachment point? It's super simple to add a cylinder a few mm long with a hole through the center right in the middle of where you are going to cut it so you would have a fixed point to run a screw through for assembly.

I think I'm going to end up loading the entire set of files for the CJ7 body into Fusion, "assemble" it, add attachment points, and blow it apart again.

It's a free file so I'm not mad or anything, just seems like it would make it a lot simpler assembly process. It might bother me if I paid for a file, which there are a couple of body files on my shortlist.

I get exactly what you are saying.. just a couple alignment pegs would make things go so much smoother in some cases.. former static modeler here also , so I SOOO get what you are saying!.. As others have said , a lot of the time, especially on T-verse, there are designs that have never been printed out etc.. I always look for makes.. if nobody has actually made it there is a reason.. Especially if its something with a high Cool factor..

Back